Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Can anyone speak to how long it takes to go from new release to trial availability? As a Core user I'd like to see how much more utility I'd actually get from the full upgrade than I get out of Core without paying significantly more at the outset. I mean, I can recognize that the $695 is a perfectly great price for the features added, but my question is along the lines of not knowing how much those features will help -me- specifically.
    This version is great - exceeds expectations. I always used 3ds Max for poly modelling....after ten minutes playing with R8 I'm blown away at how easy they've made modelling. If the Live Booleans aren't in Core then pay the dollar as it's truly great !

ZB is the only software I've purchased that is constantly innovating - I can't remember when I gave them money last as I bought in around R2 (I think) & I haven't given them a penny since but the amount of development is fantastic. I'll happily pay for ZB R5.....never thought of myself as a fan boy (although I sound like one now) but I don't think you'll regret paying for the full version.

This is a killer release! Just when I thought I had the perfect tool for creating detailed models, Pixologic one ups themselves and creates a tool that makes art life easy. I've been playing with the live boolean for some of my older models and everything is modeled so much CLEANER!! And since I work with game models, merge meshes with UNION is so much easier (We need the ability to create polygroups with the Union meshes. My current work around is to add polypaint for all of the Union Meshes and then mask each one and generate a polygroup for it.)

And I love the touches on the Subtool palette as well! Not only does it work with Live Booleans, it is also a clever way to group subtools together. Say you're working on a complex model like a robot arm. Hide the top most layer, and it hides the entire arm (must have anything other than the START Subtool for this to work)

I do have an issue right now and it involves the SelectRectangle... It's not hiding my meshes at all... the Select Lasso works...I need to hide a polygroup and clicking on it, doesn't do anything.

Aside from that... this is a KILLER release... OUTSTANDING.

Problems should be posted in the ZBrush 4R8 Q&T thread; not the announcement thread. Thanks.

It's the little things...

I just accidentally clicked on the visibility icon for an active subtool, and instead of inverting the visibility for all 50 other subtools like it used to do, requiring me to punch a hole in the drywall, and then go through and reset each of them one by one...it simply toggled that subtool.

Boolean, shmoolean. My drywall thanks you for this.
    -Scott
    Formerly Known As Bingo Jackson

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

Thanks for a new cool release Pixologic.
    I love the new font and UI changes.
    Gizmo is very welcome
    booleans... yes!

I am a bit surprised the split poly is still "broken". Since Zbrush can't have nGons, not even temp, the split poly tool today with the zModeler can not be used normally as it creates triangles instantly and the cut you just did can't go where it is supposed to. Not to mention the sick cleanup job. Is If Zbrush could have kept the nGons til completion of the split it would all be fine. Then again, I assume zBrush finds it done when you do a single click. However, split poly can not be used at all now like you normally would. Correct me if I am wrong and haven't figured out the proper way to do it though
    Martin Andersson
    www.animation-hut.no

Awesome release as always ! SO now the only thing we need is some way of adding fillets to boolean edges and we are all set
    www.lukx.com - CGI

New Member Follow User Gallery

Thank you for the great work !!

zbrush4r8 is amazing. Pixologic is the most creative and innovative company in world for digital art Every release has been free..Every issue of 3d world and 3d artist have given every new release of zbrush a 9'10 or 10'10 and I wouldn't be suprised if Zbrush4r8 gets a 9 or a 10 out of 10 .Well deserved. I can't imagine what Zbrush 5 will have

Default thank you

A very large thank you to the Pixologic team.
    One of the best and easiest of the rollouts so far.

Now.
    Start charging for updates, kids in back room need a raise!!!!!

Default Thank you Pixologic team!

I'm a brand new user, this is my first upgrade! Everything went smooth, you rock! The ZB4R8 presentation was really cool, I enjoyed it a lot, thank you again!

Thanks for this new release...the new features look amazing!

Even though I am working 14h a day since two weeks on another project, completly other software world, I couldn't resist spending an hour in playing with R8.
    What an great update!

Great job everyone!

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but I guess the live boolean does not send the information over to Keyshot via the bridge. You have to commit to creating the boolean mesh before it can send the mesh over. The external renderer toggles off when you turn on Live boolean and vice versa.
    Basil Pio
    Product Desinger
    Chicago, IL

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

@Silba
    I think that makes sense as the geometry you are looking at in Live mode isn't yet geometry, its just a trick for letting you see what you are going to have when you do commit.
    BPR does work however so you can get a pretty good idea of what's going on.
    nope...
    I don't know what I'm doing but I'm doing it anyway.

Pixologic - Thomas Follow User Gallery

Please post your issues in the corresponding forum: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/forumdi...shooting-Forum
    It will be easier to track the issues like that. Thank you!
    Pixologic official: Blog | ZBrushLive | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Discord
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _
    My personal 3D - 3D Printing blog: polysculpt.com

@Mealea Ying
    We are able to transfer surface noise (fibermesh too) to Keyshot without applying or committing it in ZBrush, I was hoping the same for live Boolean, perhaps Pixologic is working on it. Not a huge deal but would be be convenient to maintain the non-destructive workflow.
    Basil Pio
    Product Desinger
    Chicago, IL

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast