Default Beta Testing 4R8!

All of the tools in this release are strong! I really took advantage of the lattice deformer to work out proportions on my models and then, the live Booleans for my details, which is a game changer. Anything is possible now. Thanks Zbrush team for allowing me to be on this beta team with so many amazing artists!
    Dave

Member Follow
    User Gallery

Default Ashley Adams - 4R8 Beta Images

I had the pleasure of briefly taking part in the beta and I am so excited
    for everyone to see all of the amazing art the beta team has been making!
    My contribution is tiny in comparison to some but I can share with
    you a tiny breakdown to go along with the tiny image! :P
    Tools used:
    -Custom VDM brushes galore for the scales, teeth and spiky bits. Playing
    with these brushes speeds up sketching SO MUCH!
    -Continuous stroke with the lazy mouse using the chisel brushes. Used it
    on the mechanical jaw to achieve super clean quick lines~ What's great is
    that because you need to create a morph target for this feature, I was able
    to erase anything I did not like, perfectly, by using the morph brush!
    -The Gizmo. This new gadget is amazing, I was able to easily move the jaw
    around at different, easy to place, pivot points and play around with
    deformers on the overall shape of the concept to get the silhouette I felt
    was interesting. You'll really enjoy how easy it is to move multiple subtools
    around together too.
    -Booleans! I combined the Boolean feature with nanomesh to get a quick pattern
    for the antennae. I also used it for the spinal bits which was incredibly fast.

OVERALL I really enjoyed these tools, the VDM brushes in particular will make a
    fantastic addition to my (and any other speed sculptor) arsenal! The tools are
    easy to use and fast to pick-up and i can't wait to use the released version!

Thank you to the Pixologic team, it was an honour to be a part of this!

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Matt Flesher - 4R8 Beta Images

I tried to cram too many images into one post, so I've deleted everything from this post and just moved all my images to multiple posts later in the thread starting on page 6. Enjoy!
    Matt Flesher
    Project Sculptor - Fisher-Price, Inc.

https://www.artstation.com/artist/flesher

Default ZBrush 4R8 beta test - Ara Kermanikian

As with every ZBrush version, ZBrush 4R8 comes with some super useful and enabling capabilities. The two I found as huge time savers and enablers of iterative design were the gizmo, and the deformers. I also found the boolean modeling tools to be a great way to desgn both organic and hard surface subjects.

My main focus for the beta was the Mantis mech, but I will be sharing some of the other projects I started with you all soon !!!

The Mantis Mech is an Meteor defense mech that is deployed to defend planetary exploration colonies and scientific missions on planets without an atmosphere to burn up meteors and space debris. It is manned by 2 pilots or can be deployed on autopilot.

I will be posting full Keyshot Renders in subsequent posts on this thread, and on my website Kermaco.com during the next few weeks. The mech was modeled 100% in ZBrush using the ZModeler brush, the Gizmo, deformers and booleans and rendered in Keyshot 6.

In this post, I have some of the how to's of creating the fuselage, and using the deformer to finalize the proportions, I also use the deformers to make the radar dish.

Happy ZBrushing !!!

Default kermaco ZBrush 4R8 Beta test part 2

More renders of the Mantis Mech. 1st one rendered in ZBrush, the rest in KeyShot Pro 6.

Default kermaco ZBrush 4R8 Beta test part 3

Default kermaco ZBrush 4R8 Beta test part 4

Default kermaco ZBrush 4R8 Beta test part 5 of 5

Hi Everyone!

It's been a great privilege and pleasure getting to participate on the 4R8 Beta with so many amazing artists!
    Getting an early access to these new features has been a blast, and I'm only more excited to get to use them in my professional work! I'm sure you won't be disappointed,
    as this new release will definitely make an impact on your work.

I believe the new Boolean Feature is the biggest thing to happen since DynaMesh. It's incredibly easy to create complicated forms that would have normally taken much longer to construct and organize.

For my Mechish Concept, I explored Live Booleans, Frame Mesh and the Deformer Feature.

The Head, Torso and Arms were created using ZModeler, Live Booleans and Frame Mesh.
    The Tentacles were created with ZModeler, then I Decimated them before duplicating them out in a straight line, at which point, I used the Deformer to slowly pose them. I was actually really surprised at
    how well the Decimated tentacles retained a clean surface, even after heavy decimation and deformer distortion.

Mauricio Ruiz Design
    Conceptual Design . Character Design . Art Direction

Mauricio Ruiz Design . Artstation . Facebook . LinkedIn . Vimeo

Mauricio Ruiz Design

Here is how I went about creating some basic mech tentacles. I started by creating a simple rounded rectangle to begin my Live Booleans Base, then proceeded to apply Booleans until I was satisfied with the result:

Mauricio Ruiz Design

Continuing the Booleans:

Once satisfied with the result, I went ahead and mirrored the part and planned to create the tension bars between them with some simple rounded rectangles with the plan to add textures to them later in Keyshot:

At this point, I decimated them, and duplicate / drag them out a numerous amount of times. Actually, I made many more than I needed knowing I can just delete the excess if need be:

Mauricio Ruiz Design

Once I finished creating a straight Tentacle, I proceeded to jump into the Deformer Tool! This feature is similar to the Lattice feature in Maya, for those who are familiar.
    I created the maximum size Deformer in Length, then proceeded to pose them starting from the Limb's connection to the body. One after another, I slowly manipulated the Decimated Tentacle, which withstood
    the angles rather impressively for how heavily Decimated they were. (Thanks Pixologic!) As you can see, this can create rather smooth and controlled curving angles and has great potential!
    As you can see, I created a simple tube shape to figure out my plan before starting the real Tentacles, as I didn't want hit any snags in the pose half way through, which I recommend.

My favorite Gizmo was the 7th Preset, and I look forward to customizing it a bit further, but I believe everyone is going to greatly appreciate the new Gizmo!

I really loved getting early access to all these awesome features, and have been anxious to use them on my current jobs. It's been rather funny working on 4R7, while knowing so many things would
    have been sped up dramatically if I had been on 4R8, but finally that's going to change... for all of us!

Thank you Pixologic and the rest of the Beta Testers for sharing their exploration with the new features and some incredibly inspiring uses of these great new tools.
    Mauricio Ruiz Design

Default My 4R8 Beta Images - Page 1

Had a blast being part of the 4R8 beta! My favorite new feature is Live Booleans. I found myself over-scrutinizing my daughter's toys and household items as I would break down the boolean workflow for various modeling experiments. Here are a few of my results.

--

Steve Talkowski | Sketchbot Studios
    design. create. animate.
    sketchbot.tv
    @stevetalkowski
    Reply With QuoteReply to Thread

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast