ZBrushCentral

Rococo model

As my topic about my attempt to make a good visualisation of Muqarnas died, i have decided to submit for your judgment another one of my last work.

I’m weak in renderings and materials still, so let’s start from real photos.

The detail in CNC machine

IMG_5301-Edit.jpg

The detail itself

IMG_5342-Edit.jpg

A bit of its details

IMG_5350-Edit.jpg

And the model itself in Zbrush

fine11.jpg

The details showed as it is right from the CNC machine without any hand job.

Attachments

IMG_5301-Edit.jpg

IMG_5350-Edit.jpg

fine11.jpg

1 Like

ooo now that looks fantastic. do you have a website?

Thank you c4th!!!

There is the facebook page of the company where i work mostly (though there is no 3D at all) https://www.facebook.com/Taleon.Decor/

That’s all what i have.

Nice! Are you cnc’ing in plaster?

The details showed as it is right from the CNC machine without any hand job.

…Giggity!

But seriously, fine work. Great craftsmanship.

Thank you, Guys!

Are you cnc’ing in plaster?

Yes right from it. I do Remesh of the whole model, inflate it a bit, invert it and milling an initial mould from soft and cheap foam, then cut out the final model from a cast. The approach reduces the dust wich are extremely abrasive and weight of the initial piece of raw material.

Nice work.
I’ve done similar filigree type stuff, just out of wood.

Machining time is probably decent since you’re working with soft materials, can run it quite a bit faster.

absolutely beautiful please tell me you have an website or an instagram page also what CNC machine did you use

Machining time is probably decent since you’re working with soft materials, can run it quite a bit faster.

I do not feel ready for imitating woodcarving style of sculpting, to be honest. There is a lot of specifics in there. But i think the time would be the same if you want to reach the same quality.
The detail made in 9 hours with stroke step 0.1 and the real size 305x280 mm. It would be twice as fast if you use 0.2 step and third times if the step is 0.3 so the key here is the step :slight_smile:

absolutely beautiful please tell me you have an website or an instagram page also what CNC machine did you use

Sorry, guys do have either yet. But i think on it.

There is two old time-lapse of mine here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAHyqrPPv5rP0wxADBvd0aA/videos

Great work. Thanks for sharing. I don’t believe you will too much of this work in the USA. Looks like a nice challenge.

…hand simulate deco style! :sunglasses:

I don’t believe you will too much of this work in the USA

You will be surprised. The classicist world is a parallel universe, smaller but quite busy. And by the way, the level of the game industry pretty close to start demand good classical architecture.

That’s incredible! That’s really well made. Thanks for sharing the video as well.

Beautiful work.

that’s beautiful work

I’ve been interested in sculpting classic decorations and architecture in zbrush for quite some time. But I find there’s a serious lack of resources on the subject. Are there and tutorials or information on this subject anywhere? I’ve seen information on how to build these kinds of details in traditional modeling programs, but it seems to me, that being such an organic shape, it would be much faster to sculpt something like this. But then the lack of information on how to do it makes me think maybe that’s not the case? How do you get such crisp, finalized organic shapes with only sculpting tools?

I’ve been interested in sculpting classic decorations and architecture in zbrush for quite some time. But I find there’s a serious lack of resources on the subject. Are there and tutorials or information on this subject anywhere? I’ve seen information on how to build these kinds of details in traditional modeling programs, but it seems to me, that being such an organic shape, it would be much faster to sculpt something like this. But then the lack of information on how to do it makes me think maybe that’s not the case? How do you get such crisp, finalized organic shapes with only sculpting tools?

Thank you for question Kroswind. The point is, there is no resources at all, to be honest.

I’ll give you one example. Imagine all your live you learn the human anatomy and know it perfectly, then somebody asked you to sculpt kangaroo, you probably can, but the anatomy is totally different and you have to make some new study.

This is why there is no a good lessons, people who make lessons do not know the anatomy of classical decoration, those who knows mostly work in real life due to flaws of contemporary 3d print technology. Those who work with CNC mostly use ArtCAM(weird app for my opinion).

As for crisp but smooth lines. It is simple. Make a sphere and try stroke of Dam-Standart on it. It would be smooth and crisp. So, when sculpt think about volume, how smooth the base form, then it would be easier to add crisp edge.

Although it isn’t as simple of course. But i do not use retopology, low poly etc, except for base mouldings.

This is a short video with i think illustrated what i said https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLujBuvBaw4

Hi,

Can I ask what file did you use from zbrush to CNC software. Obj. or Stl. ?

The CNC people I am talking to only want to use a nurbs, surface type file.

Looking forward to your reply.

Simon