Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Question: how best to X/Z flip all subtools?

Heya guys, I'm sort of naturally doing less concepting in Photoshop now and moving it to ZBrush earlier, a testament to just how flexible and fluid ZBrush is. One thing I really miss though, a critical part of concepting, is the constant x-flipping we do in Photoshop to see the image with fresh eyes and pick up mistakes.

Has anyone written a macro/plugin to let you flip all your subtools? I know Subtool Master can mirror them all, but it's duplicating. Perhaps ZBrush already has a way to flip the document?

If I have to go through and use deformation to flip Each subtool, what's the best way to handle subdivisions? I've tried freeze subdivisions and then dformation:mirror, but when you unfreeze the mirror is lost. Is the only way to delete lower and rebuild subdivisions?

Thanks guys!

Moderator Follow User Gallery

The way SubTool Master does it is to flip the highest subdivision level and then reconstruct the lower levels. But really, this is a risky operation to do just to check that all is OK with your sculpting. A simpler way might be to use the Texture>Grab Doc and then flip the result horizontally. You could then add the image to Spotlight to compare with your model on screen.

Alternatively, there's program called UltraMon which allows you to flip the whole display horizontally:
    https://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramo.../mirroring.asp

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Wow Ultramon mirroring sounds amazing, thanks once again Marcus! I kmow flipping sounds like a small thing on the face of it but the difference it makes is enormous. Much appreciated!!