ZBrushCentral

Lumbeetlejuice's Laboratory

Hey all, thought it was time to join the conversation with this talented community. I’m pretty new to Zbrush, about 6 months in, and I absolutely love it. Coming from almost no 3D experience the learning curve was definitely apparent, but thanks to all the amazing resources out there I’ve been learning a ton. All of these are BPR and Photoshop, definitely wanna jump into Keyshot and Substance next but Zbrush and Photoshop have been plenty accommodating thus far. Should be updating this thread fairly often as I’m in Zbrush almost everyday lately. Comments and critiques are more than welcome.

Sculpt on,
A

saul.jpg

saulgrey.jpg

doug.jpg

dougturn.jpg

deaddoug.jpg

deaddougturn.jpg

klown.jpg

klownportrait.jpg

KlownTurn.jpg

dentata.jpg

Attachments

saul.jpg

saulgrey.jpg

doug.jpg

dougturn.jpg

deaddoug.jpg

deaddougturn.jpg

klownportrait.jpg

KlownTurn.jpg

dentata.jpg

1 Like

A few more…

boney.jpg

creep.jpg

troll2.jpg

troll1.jpg

horny.jpg

hornyturn.jpg

Attachments

troll2.jpg

horny.jpg

hornyturn.jpg

A few recent personal projects and sketches. Sculpt on.

sq1 3.jpgsq2 3.jpgsq3.jpg

BH.jpgkaty.jpgrock.jpgScreen Shot 2018-09-29 at 8.04.46 PM.jpg

Attachments

sq1 3.jpg

sq2 3.jpg

sq3.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 8.04.46 PM.jpg

1 Like

A new character design I recently finished, her name is Jasmine. I woke up one morning and just wanted to sculpt an owl. Tried out a lot of new techniques with the deformers and surface noise painting. Some cool stuff, lots of experimenting cuz as we all know there is an infinite amount of ways to do anything in Zbrush. Sculpt on.

A

Jazzy30.jpg

sculpt30.jpg

grey34.jpg

SQ40.jpgsculpt30.jpg

Attachments

sculpt30.jpg

Fingers crossed for a top row.
Bravo:+1:

Thanks boozy. Love your experimental sketchbook.

Great job done on the owl, I like the textures a lot!
Cheers,
Ben | 3D Gladiator

Hoot!!.. and congratulations :+1:

Wow, I love stuff like this!

Thanks guys and thanks ZBC.

A

Congrats on the Top Row! some really cool designs in this thread. Keep’em coming!

by the way could I as what material you used to achieve the ‘blue plastic’ renders in some of your images?

Thanks Pablander, big fan of your resources. Speaking of which, the material in question is a modified version of one of yours. Sorry I should have credited you it just slipped my mind. I believe its the waxy porcelain edited a bit. I also tried your eye fibermesh technique on the owl, pretty cool. Keep up your good work.

A couple new Zbrush experiments, or rather Zbrush and Photoshop experiments. I find myself wondering sometimes how far to take models as I tend to work the composites heavily in photoshop. I’ll need to jump on the keyshot train soon but for now I will continue tackle these as needed.

I’m a huge Hannibal fan and I think Mads Mikkelsen absolutely destroyed that role in the series, which is criminally overlooked. I wanted to do a poster paying tribute to the stag beast Hannibal is represented as. They don’t know what he is but he is a beast born from darkness and chaos.

stag60.jpg

zbc2.jpg

zbc1.jpg

This next one is a personal femme fatale character taking in the night the moment after her kill. You never know what madness lurks inside a seemingly innocent person… I see her in the world of The Purge, full of masked killers. Thanks to Pablander for his feather resources.

purgeZBC.jpg

zbc1.jpg

zbc2.jpg

zbc3.jpg

Attachments

stag60.jpg

zbc2.jpg

zbc1.jpg

zbc1.jpg

zbc2.jpg

zbc3.jpg

And one more for good measure. This is Spencer. He was having a rough time when yearbook pictures were being taken.

yearbook50.jpg

zbc1.jpg

zbc2.jpg

Attachments

zbc1.jpg

zbc2.jpg

“I am Khal Drogoon, leader of the Dothrakoons. I am here to lay siege to your metal cylinders of treasure and steal your mystery boxes of shine.” This one almost killed my computer. My entry for the pet and animal contest Pablander is hosting on his website. Happy Holidays.

A

KhalZBC.jpg

sq2.jpg

sq1.jpg

sq3.jpg

Attachments

KhalZBC.jpg

He may indeed lay siege to my metal cylinders of treasure and steal my mystery boxes of shine - to oppose him looks like it might bring a world of pain.
S’come out lovely - love the the myriad of details :+1:

Thanks boozy floozie appreciate the kind words. Here’s one more before a christmas break. Looks like Santa didn’t catch a break back in '85.

Attachments

’85 was some year alright.The rumour I heard was that the real Santa got away and that it was actually a drunken Donald Sutherland ‘they’ bribed to impersonate him and take the rap for the whole rotten business. I believe this is the version you have captured perfectly with flair and gusto .:+1:

Careful going out at night kids, you might run into a Trull…

#trullZBC.jpg

clay2.jpg

clay3.jpg

Attachments

#trullZBC.jpg

clay2.jpg

clay3.jpg

Some recent projects of varying style and success. Always experimenting with Zbrush. Let’s start with a tribute to the fallen Hound after the glorious Cleganebowl.
houndme

Next a tribute to Joe Rogan’s monster of a podcast. I heard him talking once about loving those old Creep and Eerie comic book covers and it always stuck with me.
JREz 3Z
And then of course some creatures and sketches.
bonnet50 bonnet2 bonnetpor %23sexy heeey ricky3
And finally some experiments with surface noise.
plt2 plt4 plt1 plt3

1 Like