ZBrushCentral

Mean Machine: Redux - Judge Dredd/ 2000AD Character Redesign

Hi guys - just thought I’d post this up here to see what you thought of it. It’s a personal redesign of Mean Machine Angel from the 2000AD/ Judge Dredd universe used to teach myself Substance Painter and Maya. I ended up putting a few Easter eggs in to this one- see if you can spot them all, especially if you’re a fan of Rare’s games!

The character is a realtime, game-ready asset using current specs - all shots are realtime, from Marmoset Toolbag 3.

Modelled in Zbrush and Maya, Textured with Substance Painter and ZBrush, rendered in Marmoset Toolbag 3.

MeanMachine_FinalRender_Cropped.jpg

SamChester_MeanMachine_Head_Large_Small.jpg

MeanMachine_FinalRender_Turnaround.jpg

MeanMachine_ArmMech.jpg

Attachments

MeanMachine_FinalRender_Cropped.jpg

SamChester_MeanMachine_Head_Large_Small.jpg

MeanMachine_FinalRender_Turnaround.jpg

MeanMachine_ArmMech.jpg

1 Like

Fantastic work! Great renders. Very nice detailing. The machine arm is a bit over the top, but that might be the idea. Either way, it’s well done and looks very cool. Impressive stuff.

Thanks dopepope- I’m glad you like it! Yeah the arm was intentionally over the top- this guy’s roots are as a comic character after all!

Oh wow - I’ve just seen that this guy was selected for top row! I’m VERY humbled to be amongst some great talent:)

Fun piece with decadent comic genre detailing:+1:
Should you ever make penile implants alert me.

cool character

[HR][/HR]boozy floozie - haha- that’s definitely the strangest compliment I’ve got yet…well, I’m taking it as a compliment anyway!