ZBrushCentral

Akira Kaneda Fanart Sculpt

Hi ZbrushCentral

I recently decided to start a fan art project to start learning 3D Modelling/Sculpting as I’m more of a 2D artist. I have decided to base it on the Akira Manga/Anime as I’ve been a fan ever since seeing when I was young, I also felt it would be a good challenge (until I regret the idea) to attempt translating it into stylised 3D project while staying faithful to the source material.

I’m thinking of taking it in a slightly different direction setting it maybe a few years or even a decade after the events of the movie so I can play around with what Kaneda and his bike might look like etc…

My personal goal is to create at least one character/weapon/vehicle based on the Akira universe so I can learn as much as possible about current game industry workflows, especially focusing on the High to Low/Sculpting/Texturing processes so any tips and critique along the way is greatly appreciated.

Cheers in advance guys! :slight_smile:

Here is my initial reference sheet:

Attachments

Akira Ref Sheet Small.jpg

My intial export out of Marvelous, considering this is my first character I felt it would give me a good base to work from.

Intial stage after importing into Zbrush along with the assets I modelled in Max.
WIPShot5ver3.jpg

Attachments

WIPShot5ver3.jpg

Starting to add details etc…

Added more detail to the hair and face…

Managed to get this finished last week but forgot to post it, have moved onto creating the Low Poly version this week so hopefully should have some decent progress to show on my next post.
WIPShot10ver1.jpg
WIPShot10ver2.jpg

Attachments

WIPShot10ver1.jpg

WIPShot10ver1.jpg

WIPShot10ver2.jpg

Here are some progress shots of Kaneda and his bike, I’m planning to re-texture the bike over the next few weeks to bring it up to scratch with the style I took for the model.
Kaneda (Shot1).jpgKaneda (Shot2Final).jpgKaneda (Shot4).jpgKaneda (Shot5).jpgKaneda (Shot6).jpg