ZBrushCentral

27" Wacom CintiqQHD + macOS Sierra + ZBrush

macOS Sierra 10.12.14 (latest)
ZBRush R7 (latest)
Wacom Drivers 6.3.21-8 (latest)

Ever since updating to Sierra 10.12.14 + latest wacom drivers, this is my life with ZBrush:

Is anyone else having issues like this? Wacom is definitely having trouble keeping up with Sierra updates but I haven’t noticed QUITE this kind of behavior in other apps like photoshop, substance, etc

As you can see, it’s nearly impossible to get any work done. Really hoping to find a solution soon so I can continue working with ZBrush! Thanks

YESSSS! I’m having the same issue I have the same setup and I can’t even use zbrush it’s so frustrating! … most buttons in dialog windows don’t respond nothing happens… I can’t even exit out of Zbrush without force quitting it’s very annoying…Have you received any answers?

First, make sure that you have 4R7 P3 since that has all the fixes since launch. Check the title bar within ZBrush. If it does not say ZBrush 4R7 P3, follow the steps here to update. (Don’t skip step 1)

If that does not resolve things, then this is not actually a ZBrush issue. It is a Wacom issue. ZBrush is not programmed to use any specific third party hardware. It is the responsibility of the device manufacturer to ensure that their devices work with the software of their target audience. After all, if they want to make sales, they need to ensure they stay relevant, especially since the software they integrate does not actually require their use. This is actually what drivers specifically are. They are software integration packets that ensure that their devices are up to date to work with specific software.

What I recommend you do is make sure you have ONLY the most current drivers for your device. You do not want a mix of old and new. Make sure you have uninstalled any older drivers, then download the most current drivers for your specific device from the manufacturer website.

This will most likely fix things for you. If it does not resolve your issue, you will need to contact Wacom.

I don’t totally agree. we do not see this behavior in any other apps… just in zbrush. If it were cross the board driver issues i suspect we would see other strange behavior in other apps…
FYI i fwd this thread to wacom support.

Well this fixed it for me! seems driver utility leaves stuff behind and uninstall / re install isn’t as clean as it should be

Dear Customer

Thank you for your response and I apologize for the long delay on getting back to you, I would like for you to follow the steps below to reinstall the driver to see if the issue can fixed, if the issue persists please send me a video of the of the pen mis-alignment.

An outdated or corrupt preference file could be causing an issue. First, disconnect the tablet from the computer and remove the driver using the Wacom Utility. After removing the driver with the utility, you can manually check to see if anything is left behind in the following folders. So while in our desktop we want to click on ‘Go’ (upper left corner), then on ‘Computer’. Once inside, please access your main hard drive (by default should be named Macintosh HD). Once we’re here anything that’s related to Wacom, would need to be removed from the folders. The same will have to be checked in any respective User’s folder on the system. On OS X 10.7 Lion or later, the User Library folder has been hidden. To access it, you must select ‘Go’ from the top of Finder and select 'Go to folder…’. Here, enter ’ ~/Library ’ to access the current user’s Library folder. Please check for Wacom related files and remove them from inside the next folders:

Macintosh HD/

Applications/Wacom Tablet
Library/Application Support/Tablet
Library/Frameworks/WacomMultiTouch.framework
Library/Internet Plugins/WacomTabletPlugin.plugin
Library/Launch Agents/com.wacom.wacomtablet.plist
Library/LaunchDaemons/com.wacom.displayhelper.plist
Library/LaunchDaemons/com.wacom.RemoveTabletHelpter.plist
Library/LaunchDaemons/com.wacom.TabletHelper.plist
Library/PreferencePanes/WacomTablet.prefpane
Library/Preferences/Tablet
Library/PriveledgedHelperTools/com.wacom.RemoveTabletHelper
Library/PriveledgedHelperTools/com.wacom.TabletHelper
Users/<user>/Library/Preferences/com.wacom.ProfessionalTablet.plist
Users/<user>/Library/Preferences/com.wacom.wacomtablet.prefs
Users/<user>/Library/Preferences/com.wacom.wacomtouch.prefs

After this is complete then there should not be any leftover files of a previous Wacom driver file. A restart and a repair of your disk permissions would be important steps before installing a driver. Again, make sure that the tablet is plugged directly into the computer, not into a USB hub or keyboard/monitor.

Once this is complete, download and install the latest driver from:
http://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/drivers/mac/professional/WacomTablet_6.3.23-4.dmg

As always, make sure your tablet is connected directly to your computer. Avoid using USB hubs, keyboard/monitor ports, or docking stations with the tablets, as they can cause inconsistent behavior.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for choosing Wacom, Have a creative day!

Andrey
Customer Support Team
WACOM
855-MY-WACOM (855-699-2266)