New Member Follow User Gallery

Default ZBrush Traditional Fine Art Printmaking

ZBrush Traditional Fine Art Printmaking

We are in the process in developing 3-D printing for Intaglio and relief platemaking for printing on our 19th-century presses. We are using a form 2 labs printer.

We are looking for artists to take part in this collaboration, we have Formlabs promoting the project along with commercial and fine art publications etc.

The core mission of the project is to create a series of limited-edition prints produced by ZBrush experimenting with traditional marks such as pencil, wood engraving, hard ground, fine line etc. but more interestingly the possibilities of texture which is possible with ZBrush which would be translated perfectly to the paper. Obviously, you don't need me to tell you the world of possibilities of different marks which is possible in ZBrush, but to have that available in the traditional Fine Art Printmaking world would be revolutionary as the last thing which modernised the process was the camera.

This is just a short synopsis of the project and any ideas or advice would be very much appreciated and please get in touch if you would like to get involved in any capacity.

Look forward to hearing from you all

Kind regards

David

Default Sounds interesting...

I'm originally an engraver (die sinking more than line engraving), and spent 16 years designing and engraving coins.
    I now do the same thing freelance, but entirely in ZBrush.
    Most of my work is pretty commercial, and not a patch on the exotic stuff here, but I work in very low relief, which might fit with your project.
    Give me a shout if I can be of help.

Matt

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Hi Matt

Hi Matt,

Hope this is the correct way to reply to you, new to the sort of forum.

Yes, any help would be very much appreciated and obviously would be perfect for relief printing, I'll be definitely interested in seeing some of your work.

Thank you for your interest and your offer of help.
    Kind regards
    David