ZBrushCentral

ZSphere Hand Script

May this helps for newbies.:slight_smile:
zhand.jpg

Hi dan59314

Nice script, but the one thing I personally think people need to be aware of is the Zsphere resolution when attaching multiple children Zsphere’s to a parent etc

I struggled for a longtime trying to attach five child spheres to a parent sphere to make fingers etc

The ires values are the same for x,y and z…Changing these values is like subdividing a cube in a conventional app.

The settings below work best for me , others may use Ires1 or 2 instead of 3?

Anyway, hopefully this will save some frustration for anyone starting out in Zbrush.

*8;)

ZSPHEREZ.jpg

Hi, 8BIT BOY, you are right.

[Tools] / [Adaptive Skin] / [IRes] is the key to make smooth junctions between parent ZSphere and several child ZSpheres. I set it in 3 in my ZScript tut.

For thoese botherd in mesh junction, Try to experience [IRes] to look what your skin become.:slight_smile:

Zres.jpg

Have been thinking how 8BIT BOY make each child Zsphere has different IRes. Keep trying and not know yet. But I now know there is another way to do that.

For those Zsphere need more details (like head, eye socket, mouth…) or will have many childs (hand…). Before add the Zsphere, go to [Transform] / [Xres], [Yres], [Zres], slide the value higher ( 3 will be good), you will make the Zsphere shape more similiar to its Adaptive Skin.

Wow, I have just been working on a hand recently and I have had problems with the seams and artifacts showing up when I preview. This should help greatly.:+1:

Hi Dan,

You’ve hit on one essential part of the ZSphere technique… What you need now is the magical tool from TVeyes called:

XYZAdjust

It lets you adjust resolution for existing individual ZSpheres (and even works with ZSphere pairs in symmetrical models! AND, you can have different resolutions for the same ZSphere for each axis…) Its a powerful tool you gotta have.

(As an aside, note that even values and odd values can have very different results - as shown by your sample model)

Sven

Hi, Svengali,

Thanks for telling. Having heard XYZAdjust for a long time, not know what it is used for untill now. Gotta try right now. :slight_smile: