ZBrushCentral

Shadow Warrior 2 Art Dump

Hi All!

My name is Pawel Libiszewski and I’m art director on Shadow Warrior 2 at Flying Wild Hog studio. With great pleasure would like to present some of our work - from characters and creatures to weapons and some environments.
For all of you that are not familiar with Shadow Warrior 2 game it is fast first-person shooter that combines melee and fire arms weapons.And there is A LOT of them (more than 70) and A LOT of enemies (more than 40).On top of that you can add procedural cutting system , demonic powers , randomly generated environments , three different settings -from demonic wastelands to cyber punk city , character and weapons upgrade system and a ton of action! :slight_smile:

To make all of that possible we of course used ZBrush. From first steps of concepting and blocking characters till final game and marketing assets. Our character team was:
Pawel Jaruga Piotr Rusnarczyk and me Pawel Libiszewski

I will start by showing you some of my work:
healer_keyshot_02.jpghealer_hp_01.jpghealer_hp_02.jpghealer_lp.jpgsmith_hp_color.jpgsmith_hp_01.jpgsmith_hp_02.jpglw2_octane.jpglw2_01.jpglw2_02.jpg

Attachments

healer_keyshot_02.jpg

healer_hp_01.jpg

healer_hp_02.jpg

healer_lp.jpg

smith_hp_color.jpg

smith_hp_01.jpg

smith_hp_02.jpg

lw2_octane.jpg

lw2_01.jpg

lw2_02.jpg

2 Likes

Attachments

Now it’s time to show you some of the great work done by Pawel Jaruga:
zilla_commando_LP_02.jpglevus-3d-hobo-render-low-01.jpglevus-3d-hobo-render-hp-01.jpgtalon_game_LP_02.jpgtalon_game_HP_02_fullres.jpg

Attachments

zilla_commando_LP_02.jpg

levus-3d-hobo-render-low-01.jpg

levus-3d-hobo-render-hp-01.jpg

talon_game_LP_02.jpg

talon_game_HP_02_fullres.jpg

belly_HP_02_3dt.jpg

Attachments

belly_HP_02_3dt.jpg

Last but not least is Piotr Rusnarczyk with his great collection of characters:
piotr-rusnarczyk-blob-stage-02.jpgpiotr-rusnarczyk-blob-stage-01.jpgpiotr-rusnarczyk-blob-stage-03.jpgpiotr-rusnarczyk-blob2.jpgpiotr-rusnarczyk-acolyte01.jpgpiotr-rusnarczyk-acolyte02.jpgpiotr-rusnarczyk-ameonna1.jpgpiotr-rusnarczyk-crazyrabbit01.jpgpiotr-rusnarczyk-disco01.jpgpiotr-rusnarczyk-disco02.jpg

Attachments

piotr-rusnarczyk-blob-stage-02.jpg

piotr-rusnarczyk-blob-stage-01.jpg

piotr-rusnarczyk-blob-stage-03.jpg

piotr-rusnarczyk-blob2.jpg

piotr-rusnarczyk-acolyte01.jpg

piotr-rusnarczyk-acolyte02.jpg

piotr-rusnarczyk-ameonna1.jpg

piotr-rusnarczyk-crazyrabbit01.jpg

piotr-rusnarczyk-disco01.jpg

piotr-rusnarczyk-disco02.jpg

piotr-rusnarczyk-dog01.jpgpiotr-rusnarczyk-hitgirls02.jpgpiotr-rusnarczyk-jumper-01.jpgpiotr-rusnarczyk-kamiko01.jpgpiotr-rusnarczyk-kamiko02.jpgpiotr-rusnarczyk-mechgirl2.jpgpiotr-rusnarczyk-mist01.jpgpiotr-rusnarczyk-stinger01.jpgpiotr-rusnarczyk-toro01.jpg

Attachments

piotr-rusnarczyk-dog01.jpg

piotr-rusnarczyk-hitgirls02.jpg

piotr-rusnarczyk-jumper-01.jpg

piotr-rusnarczyk-kamiko01.jpg

piotr-rusnarczyk-kamiko02.jpg

piotr-rusnarczyk-mechgirl2.jpg

piotr-rusnarczyk-mist01.jpg

piotr-rusnarczyk-stinger01.jpg

piotr-rusnarczyk-toro01.jpg

In Shadow Warrior 2 we have a tons of melee and firearms weapons. Those two shows this variety very well. Done by Marek Libiszewski:
obrzyn_lp.jpgobrzyn_hp.jpglp1.jpghp.jpg

Shadow Warrior 2 is also about beautiful environments. Our environment artist Lukasz Ziobrowski used Zbrush to make this extraordinary demonic temple:

lukasz-ziobrowski-4.jpglukasz-ziobrowski-3.jpglukasz-ziobrowski-temple3.jpglukasz-ziobrowski-temple2.jpgtemple_sample_wall_window.jpgsample_tileable_maps2.jpg

Attachments

obrzyn_lp.jpg

obrzyn_hp.jpg

lp1.jpg

hp.jpg

lukasz-ziobrowski-4.jpg

lukasz-ziobrowski-3.jpg

lukasz-ziobrowski-temple3.jpg

lukasz-ziobrowski-temple2.jpg

temple_sample_wall_window.jpg

sample_tileable_maps2.jpg

And a gun from Lukasz:

So if you are intrigued enough you can check gameplay from the game here:

https://youtu.be/UpDogn4ee90https://youtu.be/

We also did trailers for the game. Together with Pawel , Piotr plus couple mates from our team and by using lots of our assets we made announcement trailer and preorder trailers:

Preorder Trailer:

Announcement Trailer:

I hope you like it and thanks for watching!

Attachments

sick work

Very cool artworks! congrats !

some creepy characters you have got there :slight_smile:

Great!
I wish i will became as good as you in ZBrush.

May I ask how you organize yout Subtools or Polygroups?

I noticed you have a lot of totally different body designs for the monsters/creatures.
But the bodies of female characters look much too similar on my first impression.
I know it is a nice and good working female body for the target group. And there are some differences.
And i don’t know if there are also some more athletic, and muscular or more slender female characters.

Great spectacular works.
No, Panowie, czapki z głów. :slight_smile:

there is a lot of very inspiring characters and weapons art there :slight_smile:

@Gedn - thanks :wink:
@smeagol -I’m glad you like it. BTW most of this creatures was done by Pawel Swiezak.Unfortunately his portfolio is neverending WIP.
@ rulonis - dzieki wielkie :slight_smile:
@f:)celess - Amazing to hear that- thank you :slight_smile:

@Shumetsua - Thank you. All female characters was done by Piotr Rusnarczyk . We were here restricted to fit into one rig. So when you see all of them at once in T Pose they look a like. But in the game we have a scaling system for characters to add variety in size, different AI , different animation set so we try to hide any similarities. And of course because we had so much to do in so little time
we reuse what we can :slight_smile: .
About polygrups and subtools I think I’m standart user here.Most of this characters have like up to 10 subtools. And I’m using polygrups mainly to detach polygon islands and split to different subtools.
Hope that helps and if you would like to have any screenshot just let me know.

Treeface and Serpent characters was painted in Zbrush and final tweaks was done in photoshop:
treeface_texture_zb.jpg
serpent_diffuse.jpg

Cavity masking was more then usefull to add variety in color in secounds :slight_smile:
treeface_cavity_zb.jpg

Attachments

treeface_texture_zb.jpg

serpent_diffuse.jpg

treeface_cavity_zb.jpg

grats on the top row guys :smiley:

Great stuff. Are you planning any big DLCs for the game? I’ve like 100 % completetion with SW2 already…

So cool! Thanks a lot for sharing all these amazing characters!

@Intervain - Dzieki - ciesze sie ze Ci sie podoba :wink:

@final fight - Wow - Nice! :smiley: We are now on ps4/Xbox version that will be ready soon. After that we will make some DLC. Thank you :slight_smile:

@Max33 - Thank you - It’s very nice to hear that :slight_smile:

Incredible works!