ZBrushCentral

Why might this macro which just presses Toggle Top Sub Tool, not be working

I wanted to make a macro for the Sub tool Master, Toggle Top Subtool button, in order to have a smaller size button for just this one command. I recorded and saved this macro as I have done with other commands before, but this one wont work, of course the actual button located in the Subtool Master pallet works fine. Tried to redo it a few times with no luck, here is the actual macro as recorded. My top layer is called CENTER, and the layer that is active just below that is called MAIN. Can some one please tell me what may be wrong here.

Thanks.

//ZBRUSH MACRO - Recorded in ZBrush version 4.73
[IButton,???,“Press to run this macro. Macros can be aborted by pressing the ëescí key.”,
[IShowActions,0]
[IConfig,4.73]
[IShowActions,0]
[ISet,Tool:SubTool:Subtool Scrollbar,0,5]
[IUnPress,Tool:SubTool:CENTER]
[IPress,Tool:SubTool:MAIN]
[IShowActions,-1]
]

Hi Susan,

There’s a problem with recording macros where you press plugin buttons because the plugins often do things behind the scenes which can’t be recorded. Also ZBrush only allows one plugin or macro to be active at a time which can also lead to problems.

Your code is nearly there. The main problem is that when the top subtool is pressed it isn’t turned on or off. The scrollbar setting could also give problems.

There’s a simpler way of doing what you want and I attach a macro. This will work with any set of subtools. The “0.3” at the end is the button width in relation to a palette width - 1.0 would be a full palette width, 0.5 half and so on. So you can change that to what you want.

Save the file to the ZBrush 4R7\ZStartup\Macros\Misc folder and restart or press Macro>Reload All Macros.

HTH,

Thank you very much Marcus,
For the macro, and that information about how to change macro button width.

Do you know, out of curiosity, if there any code to add additional button height?

Thanks

Yes, you can add it as in the attached macro: