ZBrushCentral

Best computer for Zbrush and other programs

Hello everyone. I’ve been wanting to get into Zbrush for awhile now. In addition, wanting to get more involved with other programs like photoshop,blender and maybe even Maya autodesk. Right now,I have saved up to buy a new computer. I want advice or recommendations, on what kind of computer I should buy that would give me the best performance when using those programs. My budget is around 1,000-1,500 dollars. Thank you for reading this thread. Also,thank you for your advice and I hope you all have a great day.

Haha I just posted the exact same thread…I have about the same budget too:) I am gonna post a question on quora, I guess.

Your best bet is to look at the system requirements for each program that you intend to use. Then find a system that at least meets the highest minimum requirement from all the programs.

For example, if one requires a minimum 1 GB RAM and another requires a minimum of 4 GB then you’re going to need at least 4 or you won’t be able to run both apps.

The requirements for ZBrush are at http://pixologic.com/zbrush/system/

You should be able to find similar pages for the other programs you want to use.

Our page also lists some tips that will help you choose the best system. Check out the section at the bottom of the page.

I just found out in the internet that it will work on most computers running Mac OSX or with a CPU Intel i7 4790K - (4 x 4.0 GHZ) - Haswell