ZBrushCentral

Monday Night Challenge: Wing'd Creatures (08-09 to 08-16)

I would like to thank the participants of our last Challenge. Our next challenge:

:small_orange_diamond:Well if it has wings, it qualifies! :D

:small_orange_diamond:Native Zbrush models or low poly imports! Thats right. We will also allow imports to see what you all can do to them with Z.

:small_orange_diamond:Wireframes, progression Modeling, and/or screenshots of your progress. This helps others to see workflow. Models, ZScripts, and other support materials are always welcome.

:small_orange_diamond:Time Limit is two weeks. 

:small_orange_diamond:Nobody is too good or not good enough. This is open to everyone.

:small_orange_diamond: Add a [Gallery Entry] text below your gallery entry.

Don’t forget, if you wish to provide support material, by all means, upload zscripts, materials lighting setups or whatever you feel will help others.

Now the IRC server = irc.freenode.net
New Channel: #ZBrush_MNC
Port: 6667

Thank you and Happy ZBrushin everyone.

:large_orange_diamond: Need an IRC application?
             :small_orange_diamond:[http://www.mirc.com](http://www.mirc.com)  for PC.
             :small_orange_diamond:[http://www.ircle.com](http://www.ircle.com)  for Mac.
                                  :small_orange_diamond: [http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/downloads/](http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/downloads/)  for an All-In-One.

I think I should have posted this for the last challenge, But a spot of computer bother has side tracked me,the girl has wings so I enter her here with her pets.
[Gallery Entry]Image-2-send-copyrighted.jpg

DEMON-GIRLcropped-copyright.jpg

kewl demon chick!! Is she made from zpheres? or is she from another prog? Either way she looks killer…looking forward to seeing her textured along with her pets…And one other thing…are the wings seperate objects from the body?
thnx
ron:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Thanks Ron, It’s all Zbrush, head sculpted from a single sphere tool, body is zspheres and wings also zspheres. Wings modelled seperatly and placed behind body. Demon dogs are zspheres with teeth modelled seperatly from a half ring 3d. I also look forward to texturing.:smiley:

You must be a pro. Really amazing in all. :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

I am curious how you made the chain.

May you show us all the ZSphere structures?

What a great and unique style you have going there.
Congrats on a great piece of 3D. :smiley:

:smiley: sobre una imagen creada por Magritte puse a volar esta figura con alas de metal
magrittealas.JPG
(gallery entry)

wonderfull -beautiful -excellent! a good mood of eternity…

Thanks for your kind comments, Giantsun, jotajota, and dan59314, I’m flatered that you think I’m a pro, I work for a living selling burgers and hotdogs from my mobile van. Art is something I’ve allways enjoyed doing when I’ve got some spare time for my own enjoyment. Zbrush is the most amazing 3d program I’ve ever used.
This is how I made the chains, use the move tool to sculpt a ring 3d tool into shape. Draw it on canvas, holding shift key to keep it straight, press R for rotate, place a marker, then press shift+s to snapshot it to the canvas, then rotate the “instance” so it’s horizontal, then press W to move it along. Then same again, shift +s, press R rotate it so its horizontal and then press W to move along. Basically, snapshot, rotate, move, marker and so on. Once you have a line of links all marked, you can clear the layer and use Multimarker to draw all the links at once and then you can make a polymesh of this. A bit long winded but hope this helps. I just got my pc repaird again and bought Doom 3 today so will be a while before I post any updates.my-example188.3k.jpg

winged imp.jpg
here is a small creature the cross hatch was done with an alpha brush in drag stroke.thwn we downloaded the slug mat and wax light.sweet

Attachments

winged impw.jpg

I’m happy you found the material usefull ,steventaylor !
Do you plan to give your flying imp the full zbrush treatment ? I think there
is potential in the litttle creature :slight_smile:

jantim

wow cool…Steven and Jantim…I am diggin how that material looks on the winged imp. Gives it a kind of old carved look, like a toy carved by grampa in the 1700’s and was loved to death.

Gives me some pretty cool ideas for that material and light set up!!

Digital Dreamer…if I could make a living out of my van and model like that!!! whoooooyahhhhh, I’d be there in a heart beat!! Fantastic job!! I cannot wait to see how you texture it!:+1: :+1:

Jotajota…way cool to bring the past and perhaps future together! Makes me wish I could fly!! Would love to see the model more up close and personal too!!

Well now, I had hoped to have some time to do something for this challenge, but I ran out of time, but I did do an all ZBrush pic of Thunderbirds, North American Indian style for something else a little while ago. I may have posted it before, but I can’t remember if I did or not. Anyhow the birds were made from Zspheres and the sun was modelled from a single sphere. Hope it is OK :slight_smile:

thunderbirds.jpg

Thanks!

[Gallery Entry]

PS Will try to find the original zsphere tools if I saved them I will post them as well.

here’s my attempt at a cross between an insect and a dragon. the first image was done in zbrush while the other two are wireframe renders thru 3dsmax.

insectoid.jpg

dado

Attachments

blue1.jpg

glassphoenix3.jpg

here is my entry…inspired by Digital Dreamers rendering on the challenge. Alot of recycling, new hands I did tonight, and the wings were made from a 3d alpha in z. Background is psp7. Nothing earth shattering to say the least. Main material is a Stevie Rae mat. Tail is deformed, masked and inflated torus, knee ornaments are from the past bug challenge, hood is from another thread I got involved in, body is from my Zgunslinger I did a week ago or so, horns are deformed torus’s, gem is a raw zsphere with the jellybean material with a skin setting of 1 in preview mode…think tha tabout covers it…that psp background is just basic neon picture tubes and star field and neon green…no biggy…could have done that in z but already had the psp open for borders and sigs…
Love all the other entries here to say the least…some fine creative work at it’s finest as always imho. Looks like everyone had fun.
ron
A Dark Being in a Colorful World
mncWings1jwithbackground1.jpg
[Galery Entry]

Well , just a quick one. Unfortunately too busy to carry on with it.:frowning:

Hope you like it.

El-d

wyvern1.jpg

Attachments

wyvern2Z.jpg

Modelled the LowPoly in Cinema 4D from a zSpheremodel (Unfortunatily didn’t keep it when I made the adaptiv skin :angry: )

DragonLowRes.JPG
[Gallery Entry]

Attachments

DragonHighRes.JPG

MessiahDragon.jpg

MessiahDragon.jpg

ZMonster4Arms01.jpg

Attachments

FatMan.jpg