Default Fred Rambaud Sketchbook

Hey guys,

Been lurking the forums for some years now, blown away by the inspiring work posted here.

I do concepts for a living and I 've finally had some spare time to learn and play around with Zbrush a bit, trying to find fun ways to integrate it in my process. So far, i 've had a blast. I'll try to post some of my experiments here.

Here is a bust of a fantasy character. As you can see, very rough and simple. No refined mesh, just down and dirty to be taken into photoshop, and mix it up there.

Thanks for watching,

F.

Thanks!

Here is another quick bust turned illustration.

I started with a simple sculpt, added some texture with spotlight, did some quick render passes and a paintover in photoshop.

The result is a sort of winter Groot ....or Groot of the North ?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fredram_Guardians_Groot_WIP_03.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	906.9 KB 
ID:	530551  

Also agree, paint-up and ideas are great!

Thanks!

Alright so here is another test. Failed in many ways to get where i wanted and ended up with this result. I gave up on the suit in zbrush so i photobashed it in photoshop. The head was pretty straight forward, quick sculpt, then some polypaint, then mash up the render passes in photoshop and finish the concept.

Thanks for checking,

Fred

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Thumbs up

great,

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Excellent looking characters. I like the painterly style rendering. Looks great. I'll definitely be watching this thread for future posts.