ZBrushCentral

Monday Night Challenge: Full Figures (07-26 to 08-09)

I would like to thank the participants of our last Challenge. Our next challenge:

[img]http://www2.zbrushcentral.com/uploaded_from_zbc/200407/user_image-1090944151wzq.jpg[/img]   

:small_orange_diamond:Full figures, human or humanoid, clothed or no (just be tasteful).

:small_orange_diamond:Native Zbrush models or low poly imports! Thats right. In light of Southern's [Out of the Shadows](http://www.pixolator.com/zbc-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=016554) post, we will also allow imports to see what you all can do to them with Z.

:small_orange_diamond:Wireframes, progression Modeling, and/or screenshots of your progress. This helps others to see workflow. Models, ZScripts, and other support materials are always welcome.

:small_orange_diamond:Time Limit is two weeks. 

:small_orange_diamond:Nobody is too good or not good enough. This is open to everyone.

:small_orange_diamond: Add a [Gallery Entry] text below your gallery entry.

Donā€™t forget, if you wish to provide support material, by all means, upload zscripts, materials lighting setups or whatever you feel will help others.

Now the IRC server = irc.freenode.net
New Channel: #ZBrush_MNC
Port: 6667

Thank you and Happy ZBrushin everyone.

:large_orange_diamond: Need an IRC application?
          :small_orange_diamond:[http://www.mirc.com](http://www.mirc.com)  for PC.
          :small_orange_diamond:[http://www.ircle.com](http://www.ircle.com)  for Mac.
                               :small_orange_diamond: [http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/downloads/](http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/downloads/)  for an All-In-One.

:smiley: :+1: :sunglasses:

Sweet! I actually broke into the top 10 list last challengeā€¦ :wink:

Come on people, letā€™s get some more participation. These challenges are a really good way to learn. 2 weeks should be plenty of time to get some kind of full figure production, even if only something simple. We need at least 11 entries, so that I wonā€™t be in the top 10 this time aroundā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

iā€™ll try, iā€™ll try time isnt on my sideā€¦ :smiley:

Does this count? It is my first humanoid/superhero. Modelled and painted in zBrush, rendered in Studio Max.

Queeny
AlienQueenLIzardthingy1.TXT
she is divided at 5ā€¦6 put too much a hurt on my ole computerā€¦grrrrā€¦my contribution to the MNC

[Gallery Entry]
Hopefully I can get her textured.

Here is my work in progress. I hope itā€™s ok for the contest since I started it and worked on it off and on for school over the last two months. Iā€™m trying to finalize it to rig for class in the next week. Iā€™ll post updates as I work on it over the next week.

1st image is the original ā€œskeletonā€ fleshed out in zbrush. I had imported the bitmap of my sketch as reference and started the zspheres until I had a base form I liked. Since Iā€™m really new to zbrush, I had trouble doing the hands and feet, so I did that in Maya. Also, I set up the edge loops for the mouth and eyes in Maya. I do this because I can add and delete points in Maya because the mesh needed to be optimized for animation.

2nd image I was jumping back and forth between maya and zbrush to shape the low poly mesh. I think I had subD-ed it 2 times.

3rd image I had started to work on the surface detail on the head. This was a long part, but thanks to zbrush, I really enjoyed it. I want to add some more assymettry to it and change the eyes-they look too cartoony to me. Plus, I still have the rest of the body to detail. I hope to get this done in the next week.

4th image-I was just messing around. I composited the background I made in vue 4 into photoshop and did a paint filter to give it a paint filter.

sorry for the long post, but I wanted to show my work flow if anyone has done this before and has some pointers in working with Zbrush and Maya for animated characters.

I look forward to seeing the other contest submissions, this is a fun subject.

Thanks,
-Simon

Question, where do we go to view the Gallery of who got in the top ten entries? I would like to see what made it to the top 10 in the landscape challange. Thanks

looks good Simon, nice workflow too. Thanks for sharing your approach. :+1:

With apologies to the ā€˜Monster Fansā€™, I will post my entryā€¦ :wink:

I donā€™t usually participate in these, but I think this is actually a ā€˜Challengeā€™ that I might enjoy, so here is a stage 1 test of ā€˜Lanaā€™, which will be an ā€˜Old Styleā€™ pinupā€¦
I want to thank Frenchy Pilou for posting the site that inspired this on Kokorosā€™ wonderful ā€˜Gnomelady Calendarā€™ thread.

(More to comeā€¦ )
:cool:

(And thank you for an interesting and really challenging ā€˜Challengeā€™ā€¦

Hi all

is my first model finish :stuck_out_tongue: but i need learn english for read the tutorial :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Hi Stone
Delight you live the old style :wink:
Pilou

Bike : impressive model for a first try :+1:

As I still am not comfortable to post my human figures, I did a little animalā€¦ She is a cross between a poodle and a mini horse. Just for fun :wink:

and as usual I forgot to save the images of the different stages of creation. But she is made from Zspheres, adaptive skin and textured in projection master.

user_image-1091395957hox.jpg
[Gallery Image]

Well, hereā€™s ā€˜Lanaā€™ā€¦:wink:
As one born in the 1940ā€™s, I well remember these sorts of ā€˜pinupsā€™, which made trips to the barbershop or garage so exciting, and I wanted to recreate that feel hereā€¦
This is all Z2, except for the low-poly LightWave airbrush, which was subdivided in Z2 and uses a material of my own designā€¦(Thanx MTB for allowing an imported object to save my lazy ass from having to do the airbrush from scratch, which obviously would be no prob in ZBrush.)

And thanks again Frenchy for inspiring me once more with a fascinating web link!:+1:
LanaFinalJPG2.jpg

[Gallery Entry]

:sunglasses:

Iā€™ve been really busy with things, i wish i had time to submit somethingā€¦ah well, most of my next zdoodles will be full figures

Everyoneā€™s post great work posted!

cool stonecutter, kind of a cross between amazing amazon women move poster and an old snap-on tools calendar.:rolleyes:

:wink:
Ah Aminuts, you rememberā€¦
And just because nobody seems to be posting anything here, and just for fun, hereā€™s something extremely sillyā€¦

:lol:

DoubleFaceTest1JPG.jpg

:cool:

Ok, so you talked me into itā€¦ this is what I have been up to latelyā€¦ Learning Z2 and ZSpheres. Nothing exciting but trying to practice and I think Iā€™m getting better at itā€¦ Let me know what ya thinkā€¦:slight_smile:

Well, here is an update on my guy (Not sure if heā€™s still a ghoul, zombie, creature from the black lagoon, or alien?). I think thatā€™s what will be done for this week. At least in Zbrush anyway. Tommorrow I have to unwrap him in Maya for class. Then Iā€™ll be rigging later in the week for another class. He should be all painted with textures in about a week or so. I have learned a lot about Zbrush with this guy. I finally figured out how to mess with the UVs and still keep the hi res sculpting in Zbrush (I love Z) Plus I was able to get some displacement mapping working in Maya (after a lot of fiddling-even with all the tutorials in the forums), when I redo the UVs in Maya, Iā€™ll post a disp render. Anyway, hereā€™s my submissions: (Sorry about the lighting, Iā€™m still learning Zbrush-thatā€™s my next tutorialā€¦)

Thanks,
-Simon

121 feedback is welcome (Iā€™m still learning)

test1.jpg

Attachments

test4.jpg

test5.jpg

Wenna, since you blinded me trying to read that red on greyā€¦that dude better be about to ride a custom softail!! Looks good so farā€¦now to flesh him outā€¦remember to save the steps as you go in case where ya go is not where ya wanted to be.

Merc, that guy is cool, look forward to your updates on displacement etc for this guy.