ZBrushCentral

Monday Night Challenge- Transitions 07/05- 077/12

I would like to thank the participants of our last Challenge. Our next challenge:

:small_orange_diamond:We are going to try something a bit more complicated.  First is the appearence of material transitions like medusa turning a warrior to stone, part man part robot, or a  material and model transition like awizard casting a spell and turning someone into a tree.

:small_orange_diamond:3D and 2D. Another combination challenge. 

:small_orange_diamond:Wireframes, progression Modeling, and/or screenshots of your progress. This helps others to see workflow. Models, ZScripts, and other support materials are always welcome.

:small_orange_diamond:Time Limit is a week. We start anew next Monday.

:small_orange_diamond:Nobody is too good or not good enough. This is open to everyone.

:small_orange_diamond: Add a [Gallery Entry] text below your gallery entry.

Now for some quick tips. It is easy to merge models together after snapshot (seams). Just use the blur or glow brush with ZADD ONLY. Both brushes handle pixol blurring differently so experiment. Also, when it comes to combining materials (which can get complex) it is better to do so after snapshot instead of a complex PM job on the model. Saves loads of time.

Don’t forget, if you wish to provide support material, by all means, upload zscripts, materials lighting setups or whatever you feel will help others.

UPDATE

Now the IRC Channel has been moved AGAIN. Still the same server = irc.freenode.net
New Channel: #ZBrush_MNC
Port: 6667

Thank you and Happy ZBrushin everyone.

:large_orange_diamond: Need an IRC application?
  :small_orange_diamond:[http://www.mirc.com](http://www.mirc.com)  for PC.
  :small_orange_diamond:[http://www.ircle.com](http://www.ircle.com)  for Mac.
                       :small_orange_diamond: [http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/downloads/](http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/downloads/)  for an All-In-One.

Now this sounds creative! I missed the chat last night, was out but tuned in when I got home, no one was there so you guys must have wound it up early. Anyhow, I am going to have to see an example before I can get going on this one. Not totally sure what it is all about. :rolleyes:

I guess I will be the one to get things started :slight_smile: this is a transition of the earliest creatures starting to come onto land.

MTB, would you like tell me, what do you mean with “transition” ??? My english is not so good… (I know “transition” of something to something – hmmm???) Explain. please :slight_smile:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>We are going to try something a bit more complicated. First is the appearence of material transitions like medusa turning a warrior to stone, part man part robot, or a material and model transition like awizard casting a spell and turning someone into a tree.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MTB, sorry, I am blind and stupid, I understand now everything :smiley: :smiley: (as they say in TX: RTFM :smiley: :smiley: :cool: )

Heya, first go at these challenges…It’s a man/worm. Not sure if I understood the topic correctly but this is all I have so far. I’ll post updates as they come.

For those of you who may be a little thrown off by this week’s challenge topic, here it is in different words:

This week, we would like the participants to focus on “gradual blending”: The gradual blending of textures and/or materials on your model. We are also focusing on the gradual blending of model forms (a combination of 2 or more creatures, things, or otherwise). This opens up the door for everyone to do a lot of imaginative creations. pnoland has an example with his worm/human.

I hope that clears things it up a bit and sorry for the confusion.

For my idea, i’m going to try and create a human with a frog head and bird wings… I don’t know where that idea came from, but that’s just an example of what we mean; The gradual blending of forms, materials, and textures.

Good luck, and happy zbrushing!

a little wire frame update for y’all

great ribok7, continue, try working on the head, and maybe skin, you know…

Thank you for rewording that abxy. THats exactly what the challenge is. Not the subject as a transition point but transition points within a subject. Like water to wine in mid transormation. A gargoyle turning from beast to stone. Things like that.

hehe something tells me that this mesh has nothing to do with the challenge :stuck_out_tongue:

beautifoul shader :wink: !

That is a nice shader, Would u mind sharing?
About the topic, I’ve no idea if contribute am not quiet sure what to make, glad to see that you began this hehe.

very nice modeling so far…what a pleasure to come back to the forum and see wonderful work and a fun challenge…started modeling this tonight…here is the script ot get it to this basic point shown…pretty much all zspheres and just posing it…now I am starting a bit of modling on it and seeing what I can come up with…

Phase I

MNCTransitionsSpiderHumanModel1.TXT

HOefully I will finish this in time and to the way I want…sometimes my brain can’t keep up with the Z…
:eek:

Edit…Update1

Modeled on him…pretty happy…so far…and started playing with mats. cavity shader obviously…and just plain red orbs for now on another layer for multi eyes using the toy plastic mat…

now pondering where to take him now…looks like a job for the PM…and o yeah, its at 190,790 polys…high for me…but miniscule low for others with better computers…grrrr…$$$$$$$$$$$$$or the lack of rather…

!jotajota, quedouse mui grandioso! Congratulaciones…

Outstanding results! I really liked this piece a lot!!! Keep it up!!! :+1: :+1: :+1:

jotajotajotajota, it´s w_o_n_d_e_r_f_u_l :+1: Exactly how I love it and prefer, really great :slight_smile: Keep posting, gimme gimme more :smiley:

Hey, nice one Ron!

And here is my contribution: and surprisingly enough I actually did all the modelling - no cheating! :stuck_out_tongue:
Zshperes for the main model, adaptive skinning.

[Gallery Entry]

:smiley:
utilice projection master para crear la textura combinado con parametros en caviti shader…el modelado inicia con una serie de zspheres…

very nice composition and model Jojota!! Like the soft color transition as it adds to the delicateness of the sculpture!! :+1: :+1:

Wow Jota! That is beautiful. Very nicely done. :slight_smile: