ZBrushCentral

REQUEST - Functionality for exporting ZBrush polypaint layers to Photoshop layers.

Hello,

I’m a ZBrush artist who enjoys using ZBrush’s Tools>Layers section extensively. Recently I’ve developed the need to export my ZBrush layers as separate Photoshop layers that will stack with transparency so that combined, they will look identical to what would result from exporting the texture all together using the existing utilities.

If anyone reading this could provide or point me in the direction of a ZScript or plugin that would provide this functionality, it would be very much appreciated. I found THISold script, but when using it in ZBrush 4R7P3 on Windows 7, it only says, “Cannot find Layer Extractor DLL”.

Thank you!

That plugin will work OK with the 32 bit version of ZBrush 4R7 (at least, it did for me with a quick test). Install the LayerExtractor.zsc file and LayerExtractor folder in the ZBrush 4R&\ZStartup\ZPlugs folder and then fire up the 32bit version.

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your response. I was able to get the plugin working in ZBrush 32-bit as you described. Unfortunately, it appears that this plugin does not export the layers with any kind of transparency and as such, one can not reassemble them in Photoshop and have the final image match how the polypaint appeared in ZBrush. ):

Is there anyone out there who knows how transparency might be exported out of ZBrush per layer?

Thank you.