ZBrushCentral

Monday Night Challenge- Landscapes and Terrain 6/28- 7/5

Congratulations to all the members that participated in the last challenge MNC Space Challenge.

Landscapes and terrains…the title says it all. We are leaving it open for your interpretation. Real or unreal, 2d, 2.5d, 3d or a combination of them…that is up to you. Your mind’s eye is the limit. Just be sure it’s all pure Z.

Native ZBrush as always. If you use either a ZSphere or box, model it from scratck (in Z of course) Fresh work, as always.

Wireframes, progression Modeling, and/or screenshots of your progress. This helps others to see workflow. Models, ZScripts, and other support materials are always welcome.

Time Limit is a week. We start anew next Monday.

Nobody is too good or not good enough. This is open to everyone.

Add a [Gallery Entry] text below your gallery entry.

Don’t forget, if you wish to provide support material, by all means, upload zscripts, materials lighting setups or whatever you feel will help others.

Happy Zbrushing…now get busy

:+1:    :D    :+1:

Nicely posted Ron, of course landscapes are always one of my favorites! This is a great opportunity to try out some of the new brushes etc. DeeVee I hope you see this one!

:smiley:

:slight_smile:

Here’s a first try, it looks a little bit like a nice day at the mountains of fudge. I’ll try and see what I can add to the scenery! Made from several plane3D objects.

[Gallery Entry]

Some fresh airs :cool:
Yes Zbrush can make also landscapes :cool:
Pilou

Well this is a nice topic, here is my contribution.
I have the recorded zscript but I my have to work on it a little more.
:frowning:
[Gallery Entry]

here is a 2D painting hope u like it :slight_smile:

[Gallery Entry]

First post.
An accident.
Sorry it’s so drab.

Nice stuff everyone. Aztec, how did you get that watercolor effect in ZBrush if you don’t mind sharing? Nicely done!! :+1:

Well, its simple, u see Z’s got a lot of tools which can be used in many ways.
I used all the painting brushes for a 2D picture with poor perspective looks and lol well, not so complicated job…
anywho, then I used the custom filters modified them and used the sharpenbrush as well.
All this should give u pretty nice effects. :slight_smile:

Very nice Drjjwow! Did you use the fur shader on this one? :+1:

nope it was all fiber material, I used different versions of the fiber material to achieve the grass, ground cover and flowers.

well I hope everybody loves a good old urban back yard image, enjoy.
[Gallery Entry]

Well, here is one that I always wanted to try & do to see if I could. This is strictly 2D, flat paint, variations of one shade of green and totally done using only the smudge brush. I used different alphas, and brush sized as well as varying degrees of colour blend. This was really fun to make. And no I wasn’t shooting for realism… :slight_smile:

[gallery entry]

That’s a mighty fine backyard ya got there, Dr. Jwow!

Dickie

(Thinking he shouldn’t be saying the above comment to other guys…)

Great stuff guys!

Dickie…backyard ok, backside we gotta wonder hahaha

[Gallery Entry]
Speedy landscape (one minute)
Pilou
Ps
2 Layers
Ground : Spray Cube 3D + Fiber Brush
Sky : Depth brush + Texture Spectrum + Alpha 04 + Blur Brush

Buildings after a one minute earthquake, Pilou? :slight_smile:

Alan

Glad you all decided to have a catagory for landscapes.
For Dr. JJwow, could you please share you setting for the material you used to create your leaves and flowers. Thanking U in advance.
(galery entry)

Fire Lake

Mostly 2D painting with the exception of the tree trunks which are a tool I made some time ago. And I used the hook brush to bring out the branches.

:red_circle: :red_circle: :white_small_square: :white_small_square: :red_circle: :red_circle:

[Gallery Entry]

:red_circle: :red_circle: :white_small_square: :white_small_square: :red_circle: :red_circle: