This is a quick test done in Turtle For Maya.
No cool materials or lighting, just a simple lambert shaded mesh to illustrate the geometry.
Resolution 800x600, supersampled.
Rendered in 26 seconds on an AMD 2.3 GHz with 1GB RAM.
1. Load the .obj file into Maya, and mark "render as subdivision surface" on the shape node of the mesh (level 3 for this test).
2. Assign a shading group to the mesh.
3. As displacement material for the shading group, choose "ilrDisplace".
4. Set displacement options to match ZBrush displacement:
- Flip texture = yes. (ZBrush flips while exporting, compared to maya's settings)
- Displacement offset = 0.5 (white = positive displacement, gray zero, black negative)
- Displacement scale. Adjust so that it matches the look you want.
Easy setup and very fast!