Member Follow User Gallery

Default Toys

In this thread I am going to post models I made for the toy industry using ZBrush.

My first two models are from the "Bayala" world for Schleich-S. They were sculpted and polypainted in ZBrush. Although the client didn't order the painting I wanted to showcase that it is possible to explore different color scheems for the figurine digitally before it is actually produced. They didn't use it this time but they said it could possibly included in the product development process in the future.

The 3D printed ZBush model is used for the plastic injection molding production process. In the end I included a pic of the production samples. I couldn't resist placing them into the orchid .

Elf Venuja of Bayala:

Default Toys

Elf Femaya of Bayala
    sculpted for Schleich-S Toys

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Lovely!
    -Scott
    Formerly Known As Bingo Jackson

Default Dolls for Toyfight

I had the opportunity of working with a great team of creative directors on an exciting project.

Based on references images and personal fotographs and under the direction of Jon and Leigh, I build the 3D models fitting to the scene description.
    The models were later posed and rendered in Cycles for Blender. They all use a bright lighting setup and plastic toy-like material fitting to the Website name.
    Aside from the main toy dolls I created severeal props and complementary models to help illustrate the Site. Everything sculpted in ZBrush.

I rendered the dolls with alphas so Jon and Leigh edited in really colorfull backgrounds and typography. The end result is more then the sum of the parts
    Check their Website here: toyfight.co

Default The Hippster Portrait

I sculpted a bust of a stylized character this January. I called it "The Hippster". I actually wanted to try the ZBrush toon shader but ended up combining a Matcap with the Outline feature in the Material Mixer. All rendered with BPR with some final touches in Photoshop.

Default Pegasus Toy Model

The Pegasus Toy model is another commissioned piece I did. Its a model I sculpted for the Schleich Bayala world. I decided to wait until the foal finally hit the shops. Now the family is almost complete. Its rendered in Modo using custom light set and retroreflection shader model. I believe it really helped pulling out the details and giving it a nice rim effect.

Nice job on Pegasus and the fowl. Some other nice sculpts, as well.
    "Whoever controls the media, the images, controls the culture." - Allen Ginsberg

Those pegasus are lovely, well done!
    I specially like the sculpted lines in the surface, they give it a very unique look, did you sculpted each and every line by hand?

Thank you. Great you like it. The Schleich toy company wants to have a hand made look for the fur.
    Traditionally their models are hand crafted in wax. The wax fur pattern is an important and very recognizable element throughout all their animal and creature toys.
    In order to match that look I have to sculpt each fold and line individually.
    I tried to find an automated process for this because it is very time consuming.
    Unfortunately most of the time this wouldn't look as hand-crafted. Also, with wax or clay the sculptor would need to cut in each fur line individually as well.

cool stuff.
    do you make the keys aswell or is that all managed at schleich?

-r
    rasmus warming
    rasmusw.dk

well, you certainly made an impressive job with the lines. I can imagine how much time it took, my respect to you!