ZBrushCentral

The Magic Witch

Hey Zbrush Central!
That’s my latest personal project.Modeling process was in zbrush and maya,
textured in mari ps and substance painter , render with arnold.
Hope you like this!

c001.jpg
c001a.jpg
c002.jpg
c003.jpg
c004.jpg
c005.jpg

Attachments

c001.jpg

c002.jpg

c003.jpg

c005.jpg

c001a.jpg

c004.jpg

2 Likes

wow!Great work!!!:D:D

Wow man, that looks amazing!
I’d like to offer a small critique, if you don’t mind.
When I first looked at the render I was really not registering her raised right arm. If you’ll ever go back to this one I’d suggest you make some color changes to that area. When I was bombarded with so much detail my eyes just looked at the broad strokes, where her right arm didn’t really register. Her outline looks really great in the pic where she’s unshaded.
Anyway, nice job.

I am myself looking for new ways to texture, since polypainting just won’t cut it for me anymore.
You use both mari and substance painter? I have no experience with either one. They are both used for texture painting, right?

Do they complement each other, or would you recommend a certain one of the two? For someone used to only using zbrush and PS for texturing.

d006.jpgc.gifc.gif

Attachments

d006.jpg

This is an interesting job

Love the frog especially! Great amount of details.

:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Very nice! Love all the details!

outstanding piece. love all the sculpting detail you put into her and all the little pieces.

wow, this is an original work?

beautiful piece.
very nice sculpting.

-r

very nice work mate

look at the details… great work.
:+1:

amazing job !!!

I agree that the sculpting and texturing is great work and that you put a lot of effort in detailing your work.
As an Image though it just doesn’t work for me. There is so much going on that it is very hard to read for the eye.
Maybe some depth of field to seperate foreground and background would help and a more focused color scheme.

I felt just like frix

that’s good suggestions. I will pay attention to next time!!

This is very ambitious and well done. There is so much to take in. I want to mention just a few elements that I love: all the bead work, the old book and the open pages, love the frog and all the details on the right. I am curious from
a technical point, with so many subtools, were you ever afraid the ZBrush just wasn’t going to take anymore.? I know ZBrush is 64 bit, but did you ever feel that you were pushing the limits? The file size must be massive.
Also how did you make the hair? This is great to see. Very complex.

Crazy Details, Love your work man and congrats for the Top row

Congratulations on the Top Row! Definitely a fun scene. You probably should give due credit of the designed witch’s face. http://www.monsterpappa.com/ Andy Bergholtz

Great job!

Man this is awesome, I was also thinking about doing a witch. ( baba yaga ) but couldn’t find time! but this is mind blowing :+1: