ZBrushCentral

Keyshot World Stuttgart 2016

I am happy I had the opportunity to be a speaker at this years Keyshot world in Stuttgart last week. I’ll post some of the renders I presented. I made most of the images especially for the presentation. Some other models are a bit older but also re-worked and rendered in Keyshot for the presentation.

There were a lot of people in the audience that had never before worked with ZBrush so I kept this part of the presentation fairly simple. The presentation was mainly about demonstrating the ZBrush to Keyshot Bridge functionalities and it’s advantage in quickly generating renders of high poly models.

The Jumping Cow was about rendering a high rez model with the ZBrush to Keyshot Bridge without the need of preparing the mesh for rendering (e.g. decimation, generating maps etc…)

JumpingCow_GreyClay.jpg
CowSceneZbrush.jpg

The 2 headsulpts I made for a client project. I used the models to show the backplates and clay material we get with the Keyshot bridge. Thanks to Jon and Lee from http://toyfight.is/ for allowing me to use their portrait sculpts :slight_smile: .

LeighWorkstation.jpg
JonWorkstation.jpg

I’ve created the “Girl in a Glass” project to show how one can easily preview transparent objects with refraction in Keyshot. I found it’s a good idea to preview such a scene because the refraction combination of water and glass makes her bottom look big :slight_smile:

GirlGlass34ViewDots.jpg
GirlGlassTopViewDots.jpg
GirlGlassFrontViewDots.jpg
GirlinGlasZBR.jpg

Attachments

CowSceneZbrush.jpg

JonWorkstation.jpg

JumpingCow_GreyClay.jpg

LeighWorkstation.jpg

GirlGlass34ViewDots.jpg

GirlinGlasZBR.jpg

GirlGlassTopViewDots.jpg

GirlGlassFrontViewDots.jpg

I sculpted “Vicky” as a model for print and rendered it in Keyshot. Main focus here was on quckly layering materials in Keyshot. For example the wings use a bronze material which is masked by a curvature node. The vicky model itself uses translucent materials which are also combined with an occlusion node to create soft color transitions in the cavities.

Vickyangles_03.jpg
Vickyangles_02.jpg
Vickyangles_01.jpg

Here is the turntable for the model, also rendered in Keyshot using the animation wizard feature:

I created the “Party Girl” project to show Keyshots ability to render the nano mesh and array mesh. I kept the examples really simple because most of the audience were not aquainted with ZBrush.

Chandalier_ZBrushcentral_Anna Schmelzer.jpg
Chandalier_ZBrushcentral_Anna Schmelzer_bw.jpg
ArrayMesh_Big.jpg
NanoMeshBig.jpg

Turntable:
Chandalier_4framesl_Anna-SchmelzerV03.jpg
Chandalier_ZBrushcentral_Anna Schmelzer7.jpg

great stuff

jhonerickart@gmail.com
ArtStation

Thank you very much!

I’m sorry guys, something broke in my thread and the pics were not showing up. I hope everything works fine again now. Please drop a comment in case images are not loading and you only see icons. Sorry again guys. Anna.

The nanomesh sequins came out great. Great application.

Hey There!

I’m wondering how you managed to get the floor and scene which surrounds Vicky like that,
The only thing I seem to be able to do with the bridge is make a grey / white surface…
Did you import it from somewhere else may I ask - ?

[smiles]

Wilzah.

Fabulous work - so much inspiration in here, my jaw drops frequently at the things I see and I can only hope that one day
I’ll know enough about lighting and rendering and modelling to be able to even attempt something like this. Simply classic.

Thank you for the great examples! I love your work! I really enjoy Party Girl, great piece.

Truly beautiful work and renders. Well deserved top row. I would love to see more of your work. A mini tutorial/walkthrough? Love the turntables. How long did it take to render them?

very cool

Hey guys, thank you very much for all your kind comments. This is very encouraging. I wasn’t able to reply earlier, I was moving and didn’t have internet access for a couple of days.
I had a look at the questions and try to answer them.

@Wilzah:

There is a possibility to add a geometry ground plane, to which you then can add a Material. You go to “Edit>Add Geometry>Groundplane”. It will then create a groundplane which you can rotate, move and scale as you please.
Here is a snapshot of the Meterial editor showing the node setup I used for the ground plane:

GroundPlaneMaterial_AnnaSchmelzer.PNG

The transperancy is masked with a radial gradient so that the transition between the ground plane and the background is smooth. I pluged the brushed procedural texture in the specular and bump slot to get the variation in specular.
You can try to mix different masks with different procedural textures to get the results you want.

@carver:
I rendered 2K renders on my computer. Its a i7 5960X processor and 1 frame took about 4hours. Keyshot loves multi core Xenons so my computer is not really specialized for it. The firm that organised the Keyshot World kindly allowed me to use their renderfarm. They told me it took them about 1hour for the “Party Girl” turntable.
Until now I wasn’t feeling up to the task of making a tutorial. I feel like I’m still learning a lot every day myself. I might do some tutorials in the future though :).

Thanks again for all your kind comments. Highly appreciated.

I’ll be happy to answer other questions, just post them in the comments.

Thanks,
Anna