ZBrushCentral

Game of Thrones - Doors

So I can finally reveal the doors that I made for Game of Thrones with the end of the latest series!

I just finished an amazing trip to Belfast in Ireland where we had an event for everyone that contributed to the series.
I met some great people ranging from actors, designers, other artists, producers to camera crew etc… and for me one of the most rewarding parts was to actually finally see one of the doors that i made in person! :slight_smile: What an amazing trip! Congrats to everyone for making Game of Thrones so awesome!!

Overall I made 6 out of 10 doors, one door for each episode of the latest series for Northern Ireland’s Game of Thrones Territory Campaign. The final door was revealed at the event we had in Belfast on Monday after the live episode and there was some great hype once it was finally shown, it was astonishing to be part of something so special!
I worked with some great people and it was an honour to have worked on such a super project, Thanks to everyone involved :slight_smile:

The doors were all created purely in Zbrush so that I was able to create some really intricate and crisp details.
The mesh’s were finally decimated for export and then sent to a CNC machine for carving, here are some pictures I have at the moment.

Hope you enjoy!

1.jpg
This is me with door #10
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

Attachments

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg

Attachments

9.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

This was a prototype Zbrush design for the first door i made, we realized that the levels were too distant but the final design still looks the same!
17.jpg
Some other quick renders i knocked up:
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg

Attachments

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

These look fantastic, both in design and execution, well done mate, top row stuff :+1:. Will you be able to share any of your process?

Hey Thanks a lot James!! :slight_smile:
Yeh I may put something together soon about the project, happy you like them

Fabulous work for an exciting commission , congratulations!!:+1:

Thanks a lot @boozy floozie, yeah it was a great project!

*forgot to add the banner image I made too
1.jpg

Attachments

1.jpg

Definitely top row!!!..absolutely beautiful work!!! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

These are incredible; Thanks for sharing!!

-Joseph

I consider this thread as one of the best in ZBC history,fantastic artworks!
Congrats.

These are really cool! Great work!

Wow man!!!

Congratulations on amazing work Keyz. While working on the designs, did you need to be aware (or take advice about) how much of the details might or might not be transferred to the real doors during milling, or did you just hope for the best in the end (and fantastic) results?

Woah thanks a lot for your kind words guys! To all of you :smiley:

@dillster
Yeah so we had to be very careful actually, the maximum depth was something like 16mm (very tight). So creating the levels and distances between objects was really tricky!
We had to bear in mind the size of the drill part too, so constantly checking pieces and lots of measuring in the end

Beautiful!

Can you explain a bit of your process in Zbrush?

Now my brain won’t stop thinking up other door possibilities! Fantastic job and end project!

Wow-outstanding work!! Congratz on TR!!! So nice of you to share a bit of your workflow :sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Very cool use of Zbrush… shame they kinda ruined the great door with really cheap looking hinges. Awesome work on your end though!

Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

Hodor