ZBrushCentral

Chicken beer

Hi Zbrushers,

Here’s a sculpt i did based on the awesome concept of french artist Biboun, this chicken was too funny, i had to do it.
Zbrush sculpt and keyshot render with custom materials and HDRI.
CHICKEN BEER :wink:

HadriengouedardPoulet_lowZBcentral.jpgHadriengouedardPoulet_lowzommheadZBcentral.pngHGouedard_chickenbeer_wipkeyshot_zcentral.jpgHGouedard_chickenbeert_wipzb_3dartistmag.jpgHGouedard_chickenbeert_wip_3dartistmag.jpg

Attachments

HadriengouedardPoulet_lowZBcentral.jpg

This turned out excellent, love the end render. Really nice work on the materials! Thanks for sharing,

-Joseph

Really nice work!

this looks so great!

Wow! amazing output! would you mind sharing some keyshot tips to achieve this nice soft cartoonish look? :+1:

Neat job!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Thanks a lot guys, it’s an honor to be top on Zcentral, very very cool :smiley:

@ DAnko : So in Keyshot i usually create my own HDRI, i customize one in the HDRI option of keyshot ( HDRI Editor ), i delete all the " black" in the image to get every shadow colored, so it help me to get the soft cartoonish style you are talking about.
Then i create some sphere that i transform in lights : Edit => Add geometry => sphere, you can add plane or whatever you wan, i usually use sphere

With the materials, i mostly use some plastic, and i play with refraction and spec to get a sort of SSS

That is pretty much it :wink:

Thanks for the tips! i am actually working on a cartoonish character and i will try to give your technique a go :wink:

…burps! :sunglasses:

Very very cool Style you got for your chicken ! I like the fact it’s so colorful and saturate !

Can i see the final HDRI map you used ? what do you mean you don’t have “black” in the map ? and how you got colored in the shadow ?

It’s sounds simple and obvious when you explain it but i still have clouds of mystery :smiley:

Thanks

@smeagol : that 's it :slight_smile:

keyshotexplain.jpg

amazing work here! I love it:+1:

You’ve added your own personal dynamic and negative space to the original concept.:+1:

did you use z remesher to retopo? then bake normals?

Good work I like it.

Thanks a lot guys,

@manilamerc : yes i used zremesher,there’s no normals, only sculpt

On the chicken’s neck, there are smaller feathers poking out. How did you get those to extrude? On the main body, I can see that the rounder feathers are different subtools. Did you do the small feathers on the neck the same way?

Here’s a new concept project inspired by the raptors of jurassic world 1

Hgouedardraptorzsmallzcentral.jpgHgouedardraptorzsmallblanc.jpg

Attachments

Hgouedardraptorzsmallzcentral.jpg

Hgouedardraptorzsmallblanc.jpg

Wow,what an incredible talent and style you have.

I adore all of your work. The raptors have a great balance between detail and style. Bravo

Thanks a lot Navarokoj, appreciate