ZBrushCentral

Zbrush for illustration funtimes

I’ve been using Zbrush for illustration purposes lately. Still trying to figure out all of the different ways of doing things, but it’s been damn fun so far. Thoughts and critiques always welcome.

Attachments

Warden Queen web.jpg

Outskirts of the prisonweb.jpg

It looks like Mileena ruling the Outworld… :slight_smile:
Good job.

Thanks Regnas!

Treant_web.jpg

Getting ready for my next project. This is the 3D base, with some minor value adjustments painted in.

mirrorgiant.305.jpg

Ended up taking a vacation from art for a few months while making this one. Just got back to it a few weeks ago. I ended up changing a lot of things from the original 3D base.

great thread :+1:

Thanks Truubluu!

This is the 3D base for my next project.

This one below is the start of a paintover. I ultimately went with this composition as it felt more epic than the widescreen ratios, and it left more room at the top to show the distant kingdom the subjects ultimately hope to escape to.

The Titan of Torment does not make it easy for his subjects to leave the kingdom. Long ago, he built the wall of torment as a deterrent. Bodies and souls of those who tried to escape him are woven into the very wall itself. It is rare for someone to successfully leave the Kingdom. More oft than not, they’re killed by the tortured souls who haunt the walls corridors, or by ancient traps that have yet to be triggered.

Fantastic… Cant wait to see developments.

Thanks Bfgnz!

Here’s the final result for this one. I’ve got a fairly complicated project coming up, so I’ve decided to call this one good for now

<strike></strike>

Wow that looks freakin incredible. Very painterly…and convincing. Top stuff!

Thanks again Bfgnz. I appreciate it. It was a really fun project.

This newest one was a quicker project, mainly just focusing on how to use Zbrush to create interesting landscapes and ideas. I probably spent about three hours on the painting process.

Painted result

3D thumbnails from keyshot