Default Zbrush for illustration funtimes

I've been using Zbrush for illustration purposes lately. Still trying to figure out all of the different ways of doing things, but it's been damn fun so far. Thoughts and critiques always welcome.

Tablet users and interface perfectionists: Let's build the ultimate "smaller buttons" script! I've started it in this thread here. Add your own buttons to the script and upload the result. Alternatively, if you'd rather not take the time to merge your buttons with mine, send me your script and I'll do the merging.

Default The finished illustration.

Tablet users and interface perfectionists: Let's build the ultimate "smaller buttons" script! I've started it in this thread here. Add your own buttons to the script and upload the result. Alternatively, if you'd rather not take the time to merge your buttons with mine, send me your script and I'll do the merging.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

It looks like Mileena ruling the Outworld...
    Good job.
    • I don't speak English "by default", so...
    Cinema 4D Discord Channel

Default Speed-sculpt turned into a quick digital painting.

Thanks Regnas!

Default Getting ready for another one.

Getting ready for my next project. This is the 3D base, with some minor value adjustments painted in.

Ended up taking a vacation from art for a few months while making this one. Just got back to it a few weeks ago. I ended up changing a lot of things from the original 3D base.

great thread

Thanks Truubluu!

This is the 3D base for my next project.

This one below is the start of a paintover. I ultimately went with this composition as it felt more epic than the widescreen ratios, and it left more room at the top to show the distant kingdom the subjects ultimately hope to escape to.

The Titan of Torment does not make it easy for his subjects to leave the kingdom. Long ago, he built the wall of torment as a deterrent. Bodies and souls of those who tried to escape him are woven into the very wall itself. It is rare for someone to successfully leave the Kingdom. More oft than not, they're killed by the tortured souls who haunt the walls corridors, or by ancient traps that have yet to be triggered.

Fantastic... Cant wait to see developments.

Thanks Bfgnz!

Here's the final result for this one. I've got a fairly complicated project coming up, so I've decided to call this one good for now

Wow that looks freakin incredible. Very painterly..and convincing. Top stuff!
    Check out my other stuff here.
    http://russellgwilliams.crevado.com/

Thanks again Bfgnz. I appreciate it. It was a really fun project.

This newest one was a quicker project, mainly just focusing on how to use Zbrush to create interesting landscapes and ideas. I probably spent about three hours on the painting process.

Painted result

3D thumbnails from keyshot