ZBrushCentral

How Can I rotate UV's in ZBrush

I have create my uv’s in ZBrush but How can I rotate my UV’s in ZBrush so they’re vertical. I used the rotate tool but it only selects part of the uv’s and stretches them when rotating.

How do I rotate the UV’s all as one piece and rotate it?

Thanks

Attachments

How_to_rotate_UVS.jpg

Use the UV Master>Flatten function and then switch to Rotate mode and use the Transpose line to rotate.

Thanks Marcus. I was doing it right but accidentally had Symmetry on when trying to use the rotate tool and it was messing it up. Turned symmetry off and it rotated fine. Thanks.

One last question if you can. So when I rotated the UV’s they overlapped the UV area. Is there a way to fit the mesh to the window. So I know I can use "Scale and eye it but is there a button like “frame” that will snap/fit the mesh to the edges of the UV map?

Attachments

uv_fit_to_window.jpg

You don’t need to worry. If you press the UV Master>UnFlatten button the plugin will automatically scale the UVs so that they are within the UV tile area.

Ok. Thanks Marcus.

UV master can be a bit irregular in that, if the UVs are out of center can leave large gaps and if it has been edited in other program it could not be rescaled.
You can always use the normal editing tools of scale, rotation and move in the UVs in flatten mode, being careful on the fact that it must remain flat. Better also to work in a clone.