ZBrushCentral

K1LLSW1TCH's Sketchbook

Recently had a bit of time to work on this kaiju/creature. I like to call it Tombstone. Sculpted in Zbrush, the cavity, ao, sss and vector displacement maps all baked in Zbrush. Textured in Zbrush, and Mari. All rendered in Vray/Maya.

tombstone__0000_1.jpgtombstone__0001_2.jpgtombstone__0002_3.jpgtombstone__0005_6.jpgtombstone__0007_8.jpgtombstone__0004_5.jpgtombstone__0003_4.jpgtombstone__0008_9.jpg

Attachments

tombstone__0000_1.jpg

tombstone__0001_2.jpg

tombstone__0002_3.jpg

tombstone__0005_6.jpg

tombstone__0007_8.jpg

tombstone__0004_5.jpg

tombstone__0003_4.jpg

tombstone__0008_9.jpg

Here are more shots of the creature from the side and the back.

Attachments

This is amazing. Well done!

Whoa ! Super cool stuff ! I really love the tentacle you made in his mouth ! The destroyed Jaeger parts are super cool too ! Can you post a breakdown of your texturing process ?

Dammit! I love very detail :smiley:

Definitely has that authentic Kaiju look and feel. Bravo :+1:

Hey thanks folks. I am at work right now, will post a breakdown of the texturing process this weekend.

damn cool work, on this one… good job.

-r

Such an amazing piece of work. Love the texture and color. And the detail :+1:

Thanks everyone, I apologize I have been away for a bit. I have been putting together small workflow images. Hope people find them useful. If anyone needs 4K images of the workflow let me know and I will post a dropbox link here for you to download. Also, click on the link above the image to view the original size for better read.

01_creatureDesignWorkflow.jpg
02_proceduralCoral.jpg
03_proceduralSkin.jpg
04_rockBaseDesignWorkflow.jpg
05_rockBaseDesignWorkflow2.jpg

Attachments

01_creatureDesignWorkflow.jpg

02_proceduralCoral.jpg

03_proceduralSkin.jpg

04_rockBaseDesignWorkflow.jpg

05_rockBaseDesignWorkflow2.jpg

1 Like

Awesome work. The creature is fantastic. The breakdowns are very informative too, thanks for doing them.

dopepope - Thanks, I will be posting some Zbrush renders soon.

awesome job and thank you for sharing all the great breakdowns.

Awesome breakdown Bro and congrats on top row :slight_smile:

much deserved top row looking forward to seeing the breakdown of painting mari

Whoah! Thanks for the Top Row Pixologic! I am over the moon!

gabo1991 - Thank you =)
tmnivision - Thanks bro, that was quite a nice surprise =)
Jhon_Erick - Thanks, I am currently putting together Zbrush PolyPaint to Mari workflow. Will post as soon as it is done. =)

I love this creature!!, I saw it before with different colors, am I wrong?. Great work and thanks for sharing your workflow. :+1:

Very cool, great work!

Aitor Montes - Thank you, means a lot, and yes - you are correct. Originally this creature was purple in color with orange/yellow accent. I did not have any dirt or grime layers on top, just had simple color texture before. It still is purple underneath, but I think the dirt layer, and color grading in post took away the purple hue a bit more than I would like.

Vaicer - Thanks =)

Hi,

I hope you will take this as constructive criticism:

I love every little detail, isolated seen. However I do feel that this is an example of going overboard with detail.
I think you loose the silhouette of the creature, so it ends up being too much details, which makes the creature disappear in all of its glory.
And I think its a huge shame, because it is in reality a wonderful sculpt!

all the best wishes,