ZBrushCentral

WEBINAR RECAP: Array Mesh (Recap in Post 1)

Webinar Banner 2.jpg

We are pleased to now share the video of our second ZBrush Webinar!
Title: Don’t Just Build It: Array Mesh It
Date: April 27th, 2016
Features Covered: Array Mesh (All Options) and using the TransPose Line with Array Mesh.

The Array Mesh feature offers a unique instancing system that makes it possible for you to experiment with elaborate scenes while maintaining a low polygon count. Released as part of ZBrush 4R7, the Array mesh system can duplicate a single piece of geometry as many times as needed, and in boundless configurations. This workshop focused on how Array Mesh can be used to build elaborate landscapes, as well as for adding that last bit of detail to accessories, weapons and small props.

Recap Video:

[youtubehd]n-h0gnpcf4Y[/youtubehd]

Be sure to also check out the Dragon Tattoo Breakdown farther down this page. (Or click here.)

Also, for those of you who missed the last webinar (or wish to see it again) it is available on video.
Click Here to watch The Low Down on ZModeler.

DragonFinalRender.jpg

At last lectures you can attend naked!!
Looking forward to it very much - most probably on the replay.
Always a treat for my old brain these webinar thingies

Spoil us you do, and what a joy it is.
Thank you.

Awesome!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to do these webinars :sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:sunglasses: Definitely the ULTIMATE lowdown for anyone wanting to get serious with the new ZBrush features :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

I fully agree with Etcher. Great lectures!

Don’t miss today’s webinar! It starts in just a couple of hours.

Title: Don’t Just Build It: Array Mesh It
Date: April 27th, 2016
Start Time: 12:00 PM PDT (Los Angeles) - Click for Your Time
Duration: 1 1/2 hours, including Q&A
Cost: Free
Features Covered: Array Mesh (All Options) and using the TransPose Line with Array Mesh.

Register NOW

Here are a couple images that will be playing a role in the presentation:

Both Webinar’s have been great and last nights one blew me away… I have been chasing after other hard surface solutions and have come to see that I have a jewel in my hands just have to play with it more often… time to open my eyes… and as someone suggested “let the webinar run the whole night”… can’t wait for the online version as I was medicated due to flu and couldn’t focus much…

One has to think while designing as all the tools are there… think out of the box…

Hello

Here is a step-by-step of the dragon piece that I completed for the most recent ZBrush Webinar - Don’t Just Build It, ArrayMesh It.

This is a render with two lights and BasicMaterial2 selected.

DragonFinalRender.jpg

This is the final Tattoo render using BPR in ZBrush.

TattooRender.jpg

Here is a little breakdown of how I made the scale.

Image01.jpg
Image02.jpg
Image03.jpg

More steps in the next post.

Using the scale with ArrayMesh in order to create a brush for the body and legs.

Ok now we need to convert what was created from ArrayMesh into an InsertMesh brush along a curve.

Render Time.

Here are the steps I did to get the render to look more like an illustration with the ZBrush BPR. I then used the image in Spotlight to apply it as a tattoo to a character.

Below you will find a link to download a project with a cube in Edit Mode with all of my render settings used to render the dragon, enjoy. :slight_smile:

DOWNLOAD PROJECT FILE HERE

Image12.jpg

Image13.jpg

Image15.jpg

Image16.jpg

Image17.jpg

Wow Paul! great play by play. The webinar was killer! saw most of, hope you guys will post it so I can see the whole thing.
You guys are knocking Zbrush training out of the park!! So many amazing resources, its hard to keep up!
Seriously tho great recap.
** edit 05/10/2016 thnx 4 posting the recap vid. as always u guys rock!! **

thnx:+1:

Thanks a lot Paul for that breakdown. Very much appreciated indeed.
Looking forward to watching the webinar on YT. When it is the same quality as the first one, and I’m shure it will, all I can say is ‘wow’…

great webinar and loads of cool ideas.
thanks guys.
looking forward to the next one.

-r

O man, I learned so much from this webinar, keep it coming !!

Great work & superb workflow, thanx for sharing Paul :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Much appreciated Paul.
What a fabulous walk.

Many thanks,
Boozy

Any chance of getting this webinar into Youtube as well? :slight_smile:

Thank you Gentlemen .
Information pours as honey from a faucet.:+1:

Thank you! There is a lot of information here, and thank you Paul for taking the time and energy to break down all the steps into understandable packets.
These most recent two ZBrush Webinars are extremely helpful and the artworks you both explain are inspiring pieces as well.

Couldn’t attend the webinar but am really looking forward to it being on You Tube. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the YT version of the Modeler webinar and having it on YT allowed me to go over points again and again. This is a great way to teach techniques in ZBrush and I applaud you guys for bringing this to us.

BTW I also enjoy the Ask ZBrush series. These little gems are just the right size. and packed with extremely good info. Keep up the fantastic work.