ZBrushCentral

"The Dark Knight Rises" Style Guide works 2011-2012

Hey,

thought I’d share some of the work I did for Warner Bros’ “The Dark Knight Rises” character style guide a few years ago;

Sculpted and UV’ed/textured in Zbrush (pre fibre- and dynamesh, Z-remesher and all that goodness, mind you - so the hair was sculpted merely as a placeholder), with some basemesh work done in Lightwave Modeler, and finally rendered in Lightwave Layout.

Environment mattepaintings and postwork done in Photoshop.

Added some clay/plastic renders to show the form of the sculpture without all the materials and textures.

Due to the high secrecy during the making of the film, these were executed with fairly limited reference material provided, so you will find some discrepancies to the final film material.
Some features of the characters were purposefully exaggerated.

Hope you find it of value - cheers!
TDKR-Catwoman01-PerH.jpgTDKR-Catwoman01-C2-PerH.jpgTDKR-Catwoman01-C1-PerH.jpg
TDKR-Catwoman03-PerH.jpgTDKR-Catwoman03-C1-PerH.jpgTDKR-Catwoman03-C2-PerH.jpg
TDKR-Catwoman02-PerH.jpgTDKR-Catwoman03-zbrushClay-PerH.jpg

Attachments

TDKR-Catwoman01-PerH.jpg

TDKR-Catwoman01-C2-PerH.jpg

TDKR-Catwoman01-C1-PerH.jpg

TDKR-Catwoman03-PerH.jpg

TDKR-Catwoman03-C1-PerH.jpg

TDKR-Catwoman03-C2-PerH.jpg

TDKR-Catwoman02-PerH.jpg

TDKR-Catwoman03-zbrushClay-PerH.jpg

1 Like

More…

TDKR-Batman06-C2-PerH.jpg

Attachments

TDKR-Batman06-C2-PerH.jpg

Attachments

This is amazing!!! !

SUperb!!!

freaking killah stuff !!

WOW!!! really amazing work!!!

:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

VERY cool work!!
Cheers,
Selwy

This is amazing! The bat bike was also done in zbrush? I would love to see some wireframes of the characters :smiley: Keep up the amazing work!

came back for another gander :D…those renders are beautiful!!!

damn… cool stuff.

-r

Gorgeous!!! Bat Girl,especially!

Congrats on top row!!! well deserved!!

Really awesome work! :+1:small_orange_diamond:sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Wow - thanks everyone for the nice feedback, and for the honor of a place amongst the great talent in the Top Row gallery!
@Andre_Lopes:
The Batpod was made mostly in Lightwave as back then I was more comfortable doing all the hardsurface and basemesh work there (using the slow but very accurate polygon/vertex editing tools Modeler offers).
I’d import them into Zbrush for assembly and final detail work.
I will see if I can dig out the old meshes and post some wireframes / low subdiv shots. Cheers!

Looking awesome Per :slight_smile:

And congrats on top row, well deserved!

/Jonas Skoog

Wow, really really nice renders (I wouldn’t have guessed they were renders!) Excellent work, thanks for sharing!

-Joseph

Beautiful work

That is absolute photo-realism! Very dynamic poses. At first glance, I thought the pic of Anne Hathaway crouching was actually a reference photo!

I actually used one of your Batman renders as a personal desktop wallpaper–I hope you don’t mind. :smiley:

Some truly masterful work! About as good as it gets. Congrats on making the top row, too! :+1:

so rad!