ZBrushCentral

Very first completed model in zbrush

I completed my very first model in zbrush! :smiley: it’s the Crystal Star version brooch from Sailor Moon. I’m getting it 3D printed to use as a base/stand for sailor moon garage kits. I’m going to make a mold of the 3d print then cast it in clear resin, paint it then put LED lights inside/underneath so the little ‘colored gems’ will look like they’re twinkling :smiley:

Gotta say I LOVE the Dynamesh. WAY better than the old booleon back when I was using Maya and Max regularly about 8 years ago. I’ll definitely be making a comeback into 3D modeling now that I have zbrush. It works so much better for me than ‘box modeling’ since I’ve been sculpting by hand for the last 7 years. Now I just have to learn how to use it much better so I won’t have to fumble around for hours at a time looking up the answers on how to do things lol. But I’ll get there! Learning new programs, especially ones with as many buttons as zbrush, is always time consuming

Edit: for some reason the inserted image I put in here keeps showing up as broken when I look at the actual post (works fine in the editor though). I don’t know if everyone else is seeing the image broken but if so here’s a render of it on another URL

Attachments

Crystal star.JPG

ZBrush Document.jpg