ZBrushCentral

Beginner help please

Hi Guys, this is my first post so please be gentle and don’t call me the idiot that I probably am!! :lol:

OK I’m “trying” to do some sculpting and I started with a Dynamesh and sculpted it out gradually refining, all OK so far BUT I then go to the “curve strap” brush, I try to use it and Z Brush tells me that I should “freeze subdivision levels” but when I finally found that menu option (in Subtools) it was already selected so I deselect it and try to switch it on again ( the timeline appears at the top of the screen, ya know the one that tells you Z Brush is saving etc and this bar goes across quite slowly and I’m then left with this: and I’m not sure what’s happening?

I would be really grateful for any help as I’m loving Z Brush and I’m getting bogged down here.

Attachments

GRAB.jpg

Anyone?..please!..

Go to your geometry tab, click delete lower subdivisions. Now you can use the curve brush on the mesh.

Thanks for your help, I’ll give it a try. :+1:

BTW, tried this and it worked and I didn’t get the grey indentations but then straight away afterwards Z Brush crashed and seems to do so every time:cry:

I’m using an iMac with OS 10.10.5 4Ghz, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, 16Gb memory.

You can set the time between auto saves, some people max out the time (in Preferences).
I did, as it hasn’t always chosen an opportune moment.