ZBrushCentral

The Dark Tower - Roland Deschain

Being a massive fan of Stephen Kings The Dark Tower series, I have been wanting to sculpt the main character Roland Deschain for a while. I love the Disney Infinity gaming figuring style so that was my inspiration.

This is where I am at…

In the books Roland is described as looking like Clint Eastwood so I started getting the likeness with the head.

After sculpting a guide body, I went to work on the gun and holster.

Next will be the boots

Attachments

Gun Comp 01.jpg

Holster Comp.jpg

Holster-Pants-Comp.jpg

Gun-Comp-01.jpg

Holster-Comp.jpg

Clint-01.jpg

i love those books. cant wait to see what you do with this

Pretty stoked to get this one finished and I am officially addicted to sculpting.

After making the boots I moved onto the torso, arms and head with a hat. There were two attempts at the jacket. The first one was too wavy, kind of like a cape. The second one has more weight.

After posing him, I rendered out a few angles from zbrush and comped them in Photoshop. I am still contemplating getting Keyshot. I would love it but am still struggling to justify it.

The total points came in at just under 200,000 (About 220k with the base) so I am pretty happy with that effort.

There are a few things that I would like to go back and clean up and even do a 2nd pose with the guns drawn but as for now it is done.
Cheers for reading.

Nice work the coat looks great. I find the hardest thing to sculpt is anything with a collar on it. At least I haven’t found an easy way to make it in Zbrush yet.

Very cool. The last one looks really clean, great job. Are you gonna print it?