New Member Follow User Gallery

So i figured out, now it works
    It was still bitdefender -> SafeFiles "Protected Access" had it somehow still blocked.
    Just in case anyone else has bitdefender running and has the same problem as i did.

Thanks for trying to help.
    Ireneus

Thanks a lot for sharing the informations.
    *** ZSceneManager plugin *** (1.8 is released ! )
    (SubTool organizer in dedicated window, subtool Folders, Multi-SubTools sculpting/posing/painting, and many more...)

It is really a great plugin.
    Makes working with a lot of subtools so much nicer and organized.
    Definitively worth the money

Thanks and well done!
    Ireneus

Thanks!!
    (SubTool organizer in dedicated window, subtool Folders, Multi-SubTools sculpting/posing/painting, and many more...)

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default issue with exported FBX names

Hi, just started using the tool. I need to maintain specific names for baking in Painter. I have not grouped the geometry, as I noted that changes the subtool name to support the hierarchy structure in ZSceneManager. I did use ZSM to batch rename the geometry. When I export the fbx, each subtool is renamed in Maya. For example, 001_low becomes FBXASC04801_low. Is there a simple solution to ensure my subtool names are accurately reflected in the exported FBX?

Thank you.

Objectnames in maya can't lead with a number, it allows only letters and underscore as the first character.
    maybe that causes the renaming.

That fixed it, thanks!

Hi max

First off let me start by saying that it's a great tool and my work would be impossible without it!
    I have a few issues with your plugin:

I'm using the pro-version 1.7 on ZBrush 2018.1

First problem: Often when I turn off the visibility of entire groups, parts of the group will still stay visible in the viewport, even tho they're marked as invisible by the plugin. Updating the tree doesn't help. Sometimes I can fix that by selecting the entire group including group name and turning visibility on and off. Doesn't always work and I have to turn them off individually with the ZBrush Subtool list.

Second issue: I have three groups that I can't rename for the life of me. They reset to a generic eg. "Group51" as soon as I update the tree. Moving parts in and out of them doesn't fix it.
    The same groups I can't rename I also can't stack into each other / create a hierarchy with them. They fragment into separate groups again as soon as I update the tree.

Furthermore I have trouble understanding the naming logic. This isn't an issue with the plugin, I just don't get it. When I export subtools as .obj their naming goes something like "Pectineus_47_47a_3_musclegrp1", while inside the plugin I simply named the subtool "Pectineus". So it adds all those numerical values that indicate the position within the plugin tree to the naming when I export and I don't understand what that's for. Since when I import them to Maya those numbers are of no use that's apparent to me. (There's no difference whether the "Maya compatible naming" option is on or off)

Those are all minor things, nothing that keeps me from working, but it would be sweet if they get fixed.
    Other than that great job with the plugin.

Thanks for reading.

Default zscenemanager and zadjustor

Hello Max,

first let me thank you for zscenemanager, it's one feature that I miss the most in ZBrush ^^

Now to my problem:
    Zbrush keeps freezing, if I use zscenemanager in combination with zadjustor. I saw that the problem is already known, but did not find a fix for it. Is there a solution?

I'm using ZBrush 2018.1, zscenemanager v1.7 and zajustor v2.0

I'm looking forward to your response ^^

Second issue: I have three groups that I can't rename for the life of me. They reset to a generic eg. "Group51" as soon as I update the tree. Moving parts in and out of them doesn't fix it.
    The same groups I can't rename I also can't stack into each other / create a hierarchy with them. They fragment into separate groups again as soon as I update the tree.
    I've been able to fix this issue by dissolving all affected groups and making them new from bottom up.

I've found an export problem: I'm not able to use batch export of .obj. When I select multiple subtools and choose export selected as .obj the program asks me for real life dimensions in centimeter or inch, but once I selected one of the options, nothing further happens..
    I've tried to find a folder that the program may throw the .obj's into without notification (kind of like in GoZ) but couldn't find any.

PiMo:

- The First Problem may be caused by a SubTool remaining selected in ZBrush, for this reason the other SubTools in the group are invisible where as the selected SubTool is still visible in ZBrush because it's selected in ZBrush SubTools list.

- The naming logic is because I have not found other way to store the grouping hierarchy. The grouping information is stored in SubTools names.

- I hope to find time to fix the obj export soon.

*Zazie*,
    ZScene Manager is still incompatible with zAdjustor. Due to technical limitations, I have not found a way to make them compatible.

Hey all,

Z Scene Manager 1.8 is released!

- It fixes the compatibility issue with ZBrush 2018.
    - Obj export was broken. It's fixed!
    - FBX export was aborting with huge scene. It's fixed!

You can download it here : https://exoside.com/zscenemgr/zscenemgr-download/
    More informations here : https://exoside.com/zscenemgrdata/Wh...eneManager.pdf

AWESOME. Thanks so much!
    ---Wolff On The Prowl---

Tried the free version. 29$ being quiet a lot I had to try it first.
    I saw the window once. But no subtools at all visible in it. I clicked on refresh list, the window disappeared.
    Now, even if I restart ZBrush, "Reinit Window Position" "Close", etc : nothing happens.
    Cool.
    http://hansolocambo.com/

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast