ZBrushCentral

Asking best laptop for Zbrush!

Hi everyone! I have a question that it’s I am planning to buy a laptop which can support Zbrush/ 3D softwares and probably game too haha. Which laptop it’s recommended to purchase for it and affordable price? Or gaming laptop isn’t good for 3D software? I am not working in my country and always move around. So the desktop may not be the best option for me at the moment. Thanks for the help!

Zbrush is CPU dependant, I believe, so the processor and RAM are the most important. So opt for Intel’s Core I3, I5 or I7 if you can afford it. And at least 8Gb of Ram but look into the upgrade options for the laptop, if you can upgrade to 16Gb in the future. Games and other 3D software may rely mostly on GPU performance so then that’s something else you need to worry about.

Try to look at these models:

• Asus PU551JH-CN035G
  • Fujitsu Celsius H730
  • Dell Precision M4800
  • Lenovo P50 20EN0005IX
  • HP ZBook 15u

I am available for any questions about these products!

1 Like

Personally I recommend the DELL PRECISION M4800

Dell’s portable Precision workstations exhibited their qualities several times in the last model year. Besides their high-quality build, good configuration, and upgrade options, it was particularly their high performance fused with low operating noise that was impressive. The casing has been adopted but the innards have been updated.

In addition to Intel’s Core i7-4900MQ CPU and Nvidia’s latest Quadro K2100M pro graphics, it is primarily the extremely high-resolution QHD+ screen that stands out. It offers an especially big desktop owing to 3200x1800 pixels. This blaze of performance almost lets the 16 GB of working memory and the large 256 GB solid state drive fade into the background. However, the present Dell Precision M4800 workstation is not a bargain with a current price of approx. 2850 Euros (~$3931, gross) and will likely only come into question for very aspiring home users besides the targeted professional user group.

You can find a complete review here

Hi, Xiaoau!

Depending on whether you do any rendering on your computer (Keyshot, Blender Cycles etc.), laptops might not be a good option for you. Not sure how true this is, but I’ve read that a laptop’s weaker fans might have trouble handling the heat that’s generated internally when rendering a model. I was looking to buy a laptop for ZBrush and Keyshot myself, but decided to opt for a desktop PC instead after reading about the potential head issues.

But if desktop PC’s really aren’t an option, I recommend Acer’s V17 Nitro:

• latest i7 core processor
  • 16 GB DDR4 RAM, upgradable to 32 GB
  • Optimized for gaming
  • superior cooling

With a 17" monitor, it’s probably a little bulky for a laptop, but you’ll need a bigger screen for gaming an 3D modeling.

Personally, I’d wanted to buy this one before I learned about the potential heat issues on laptops during rendering (which may or may not be true, but I didn’t want to take any chances).

Hope this helps!

Hello, what’s the budget?

Acer’s are high quality and durable. These laptops might meet your needs

Dell Precision and Lenovo ThinkPad are somewhat expensive and not as worth!!!
Check out the new MSI Workstation laptops!!

When looking at computers (laptop or otherwise) be sure to keep the ZBrush System Requirements in mind. That page includes tips and advice on what components make the most difference in ZBrush performance so that you can spend your computer dollars wisely.

https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/ROG-GX800VH/Features/

I am a Mac user and am considering going over to PC only because the Mac prices are a bit over the top.
The Rog is expensive but being a Mac user its cheaper than a Mac Pro.
Also as its for gamers, which i am not, i would guess its pretty good at rendering in keyshot etc.
Sure the answer might be to configure a desktop PC but is it possible to get a small and sleek desktop PC.
Ive never seen one.
So what does everyone think.? could it be a good computer for ZBrush?

Favorite Laptop: Dell Precision M2800
Why: Fourth gen Core i7, powerful AMD FirePro M4170 with 2GB GDDR5 and somehow my workplace managed to get 16Gb of RAM installed, more than the usual 8Gb plus the 9 cell battery. It’s a hulk and a bit heavy but I love it all the same. Just like my rottie – looks like a bruiser but smart as a whip and super powerful!

I am sure it will be enough http://www.laptopoutlet.co.uk/asus-pu551la-xo115g-15-6-best-selling-laptop-intel-core-i5-4210u-16gb-500gb-hdd.html

what about the surface book ?

Don’t know if you are still looking but I am using the Lenovo 1st Gen Thinkpad X1 Yoga. Configured with I7, 16GB RAM and SSD. Easily handles megapoly meshes, 3 million is the highest I’ve worked on so far, with no slowdown on sculpting.

AND it has a stylus with touchscreen support! I cannot tell you how much I love using this. If I had known how much more awesome sculpting on the screen is I would’ve saved up for a Cintiq years ago.

This specific Yoga is expensive but well worth it in my opinion. It was actually a toss up between this and the Surface Pro 4 on price and specs but I needed a solid keyboard due to my work and not the flop around version on the Surface.

As per my opinion you can try this http://www.laptopoutlet.co.uk/toshiba-radius-p20w-c-106-12-5-4k-ultra-hd-laptop-core-i7-6500u-8gb-256gb-ssd.html because it has mind blowing specs which are well enough for the ZBrush. :wink:

Hello Wyatt,

Does the Lenovo 1st Gen Thinkpad X1 Yoga overheat using ZBrush? Presumably it has a fan? Does it start running when using ZBrush?

I don’t know , i used to use the Lenovo thinkpad x1 before, but I have not paid attention to this aspect. Now I use HP, which is very good. There are lots of software and solutions for laptop login password or other FAQ.

I bought a lenovo with the latest to use Zbrush with guarantees. I bought it before Christmas, and it has an I7 processor, 12 Gb of RAM and quite a hard drive. They also sold me a pretty good graphic card. I hope it lasts a long time

I think Razer Blade pro is best for gaming laptop. Razer Blde Pro is popular for its premium build quality, fantastic 4k touch display with Nvidia G-Sync technology. Its great graphic performance is just made this laptop heaven for gaming. Excellent sound quality is really positive for watching movies and ply music. Processor of this is really expensive, it used last generation core i7 CPU. It has 2.9GHz speed, with a 3.9GHz Turbo and 4.3GHz over-clock potential, that’s why it has more extra speed than other gaming laptops. RAM of this laptop is 32GB it is more than enough. Razer blade pro is best choosing laptop for a desktop represent. And it is world thinnest laptop. Design of this laptop is too good and premium. There is no shock about its build quality. Razer keyword system is always good and its touch pad is also comfortable.

Now that 2018 is going to be cross platform between Apple and PC I would go with the MacBook Pro. I7 and it’s a good purchase.
oh btw when or if you look at one and it says max memory xgb that’s just because they want you to get a new one every year. Have a 15’ the Apple site says max memory 4gb. I have 8 running fine.