Senior Member Follow User Gallery

OIC, thanks for taking the time to point out the difference. -S

New Member Follow User Gallery

You can also change the default startup material without a plugin (no offense to your plugins, i love dynamesh master)

go into zscripts folder and edit the DefaultZScript.txt to say

//startup

[pd]

[If,1,
    [IPress,Material: BasicMaterial]
    ]

You can change the text "BasicMaterial" to any material you have installed and it should work with that.

@tajn: Yep absolutely! The plugin is doing the same process; it just automatically creates the ZScript DefaultZScript.txt code for you. So you do not need to mess with editing text files or worrying about misspelling the Material Name :)

-Joseph

I'm loving these videos Joseph, great information!

Something else that may help people mask off areas like you are doing at the 4:00 mark of the "Surface Noise Patterns" video is to use the Mask Convex brush, or just adjust the depth values using the Brush > Depth > Depth Mask button.

Here is a video showing the difference between the default masking brush and the same brush with modified depth settings, which is essentially the convex masking brush.

Keep up the good work Joseph!

@--E--: Yes that is an excellent workflow and huge timesaver! Thanks for linking the video Eric!

-Joseph

These are great. All the simple things that are not simple if you don't know about them. Keep the tips coming. Can't wait to see more.

May not be the proper location for the question by not being of technical use of the program (ô¿ô)
    Anywho, I see that the keyshot bridge is well received and that people are cranking out amazing renders with it.
    My question is if there well be other bridge ports to other render engines as well? (my case Otoys Octane, Blender Cycles, even Marmoset Toolbag2 (should we get pbr materials))

Happy holidays to all you fine folks @ Pixo

***Obviously wrong spot to ask :x

Cheers,
    ~Tung

Excellent use of technology and resourses
    Sketchfab

Can we post questions here or do they have to be on the Twitter feed?

Pixologic - Thomas Follow User Gallery

Please send your questions through Twitter. We receive a large amount of questions, but most of them are not really related to "AskZBrush". Then it is easier to reply to them on Twitter (we do our best to reply to most of them).
    Pixologic official: Blog | ZBrushLive | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Discord
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _
    My personal 3D - 3D Printing blog: polysculpt.com

Default Where i can find an tutorial on how to made tileable terrain for Unity 5.3 ?

I can't found anything on how to create tileable Z terrain in Zbrush 4r7 to be exported to Unity 5.3 as terrain with colliders.

Reply With QuoteReply to Thread

Member Follow User Gallery

"Ask ZBrush" is a really, really great idea.
    Thanks a lot for the videos, they are really good for learning new things, for refreshing what i know, and for realizing that there are things that i didn't know as well as i thought

I love these videos, they have answered a few things that have been bugging me forever.

Question as I am a twitter newb but do I just post the question on my twitter feed or do I go to Pixologics page and tweet there? I already posted a few directly to Pixologics page (and someone just retweeted one of them) so I assume that worked but wasn't sure.

Pixologic - Thomas Follow User Gallery

Steve33: as soon as you put #AskZBrush in your tweet, we will get your message.

I was traveling these last days, then I'm late in managing the #AskZBrush tweets, but i'm trying to at least answer them as much as possible (we have a lot of #AskZBrush tweets!!)
    Pixologic official: Blog | ZBrushLive | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Discord
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _
    My personal 3D - 3D Printing blog: polysculpt.com

Hello Jospeh,

To start with a big thank you to you and Pixologic for this series. It may well be the best method ever to get expert answers to problems.

But I am not on twitter and do not really feel inclined to set up an account there. So I dare to ask my two question here, and perhaps as an exception you could consider themvalid and good for a reply.

My first question is: could you please clarify the Vector Displacement options a bit? Of course this can only be about the ZBrush side of the problem, not the Blender (which I use), Maya, Max, Modo,...whatever side.

My second one is: could you please clarify the ZBrush workflow with multiple UV maps (Udims set up for Mari, this is limited to 10U)

Thank you for considering this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast