ZBrushCentral

Zbrush to Keyshot Pro upgrade tip

Just a little tip for people upgrading from Zbrush to Keyshot5 to Zbrush to Keyshot Pro, I thought the upgrade would update Keyshot 5 but it didn’t. Consequently I had two versions of Keyshot and thinking this might confuse the licence file I immediately uninstalled Keyshot 5. This meant I no longer had the original Zbrush content that came with the first version. No problem I thought I would just install that to Keyshot 6, unfortunately the Zbrush installer would only install it to version 5.
I ended up reinstalling Keyshot 5, then installed the Zbrush content to that again, then moved all the files into Keyshot 6, job done.

Dave :o

So what is the proper way to go Dave, just install KS6 Pro and leave both versions? I’ll be upgrading tonight and don’t want to mess it up. I know from past experience that upgrading Keyshot always keeps the older version too.

Hi dillster, once I had moved the Zbrush content files I did again uninstall Keyshot 5 but it is possible that the two might work together okay. Certainly leave 5 in until you have moved any files to version 6, from there on 5 will be obsolete anyway.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I bought the upgrade last night but didn’t have time to install it as I had to take my Staffordshire Bull Terrier to the vet, where I was mugged for €109 just for the dogs yearly jabs and stuff to keep worms and hoppers away.
I’ll do the Keyshot thing tonight.

On second thoughts, I’ll be partying later and I need a clear head for installing software. Keyshot can wait until tomorrow. :slight_smile:

So you have a staffie dillster, me to. Just lost two old staffs this year within 3 months of each other, one was 16 the other just coming up to 15. We miss them a lot, we still have a 5 year old one, they are such lovely dogs. Totally unfair propaganda about them all the time, I personally have yet to meet a nasty natured one.

Dave

Yeah we love Staffies Dave. Our last one Bruce lived til almost 15 and I grew up with him. Our current one Marley is two and a half and a real house pet. I think it’s mostly how the owners rare them, my Dad has them as family pets that love children and family life.
Anyway Dave I’m just getting washed and cleaned for party. See you tomorrow.

One of my early Zbrush models in 2001 was called My dog Ruby who was the 16 year old we lost this year, I just modelled her head. Sadly I didn’t keep an image of that model and no longer have it, with computer changes over the period of time files got lost. Unfortunately none my early images see to be accessible on the forum now, no doubt as systems updated.

I let the modelling work slip somewhat when my last computer was becoming practically useless, consequently when I returned to it with a new machine I had forgotten half of what I had learned about Zbrush and almost had to start again.

Dave