ZBrushCentral

KeyShot 6 Upgrade

KeyShot6-Banner.jpg

Pixologic is pleased to announce that in collaboration with Luxion, we will now be offering KeyShot 6 for ZBrush in two flavors: KeyShot 6 HD for ZBrush and KeyShot 6 Pro for ZBrush. This gives ZBrush artists even more options when rendering your models and scenes. If you are using KeyShot as a rapid visualization tool while sculpting in ZBrush then KeyShot 6 HD for ZBrush will continue to serve that role admirably. On the other hand, if you wish to output even more photo-real renders of your ZBrush models then KeyShot 6 Pro for ZBrush may be exactly what you’ve been dreaming of.

Either way, if you can create it in ZBrush, the ZBrush to KeyShot Bridge will allow you to render it in KeyShot! A single button press sends your ZBrush scene to KeyShot for stunning renders, with no need to first decimate the model. Size, position, MatCaps, NanoMesh, Array Mesh, Fibers… what you see in ZBrush will be exactly what you see in KeyShot. From there you can simply drag and drop to apply a variety of real-world materials to your model and place it in the ideal lighting environment for that perfect render.

KeyShot 6 for ZBrush is an incredible value!

• KeyShot 6 HD for ZBrush is $200 USD vs. $995 for KeyShot 6 HD.
  • KeyShot 6 Pro for ZBrush is $400 USD vs. $1995 for KeyShot 6 Pro.

A COMPARISON CHART shows the differences between the two versions.

• KeyShot 6 HD for ZBrush has all the same features as KeyShot 6 HD, including unlimited render resolution.
  • KeyShot 6 Pro for ZBrush has all the same features as KeyShot 6 Pro, including animation.
  • Both versions require use of the ZBrush to KeyShot Bridge. They do not have direct import capability and can only open KeyShot scenes created with one of the KeyShot 6 for ZBrush versions. These are the only feature restrictions.

In order to help you navigate the upgrade paths, here’s what you need to know:

IF YOU ALREADY OWN A SINGLE-USER KEYSHOT FOR ZBRUSH LICENSE:Go to http://pixologic.com/my-licenses and use your Support login to view your licenses. Simply locate your KeyShot license and click your choice from the Upgrade buttons that you’ll see.
(Don’t have a Support account? Register at https://support.pixologic.com)

If you purchased on May 1, 2015 or later, you can upgrade to KeyShot 6 HD for ZBrush for free. Your current serial number will work with KeyShot 6 for ZBrush. Alternatively, you can upgrade to KeyShot 6 Pro for ZBrush for $200 USD.

If you purchased before May 1, you can upgrade to KeyShot 6 HD for ZBrush for $80 USD. Alternatively, you can upgrade to KeyShot 6 Pro for ZBrush for $200 USD.

No matter which option you choose, please do not lose your current serial number. All purchased upgrades will provide you with a second serial number but it will not work without your original serial. Of course, if you bookmark the My Licenses page you can retrieve your serial number(s) at any time!

There is no need to upgrade the ZBrush to KeyShot Bridge. This will continue to function with any version of KeyShot 5 and above.

Volume license users, please see the FAQ below.

IF YOU ALREADY OWN A REGULAR KEYSHOT LICENSE (Not KeyShot for ZBrush):Because it is aimed specifically at ZBrush artists, the KeyShot 6 for ZBrush versions are the ones that Pixologic offers. For all other versions, you will need to upgrade directly through Luxion.

IF YOU HAVE NOT YET PURCHASED A KEYSHOT LICENSE:You may purchase Single-User and Volume licenses of KeyShot 6 HD for ZBrush at a price of $200 USD or Single-User licenses of KeyShot 6 Pro for ZBrush at a price of $400 USD. Both versions require the ZBrush to KeyShot Bridge. You may purchase these directly from Pixologic at our online store. Other versions are also available directly from Luxion, all of which also support the ZBrush to KeyShot Bridge.

FAQ
Q: What is new in KeyShot 6?
A: This new release offers a variety of exciting features, with new lighting options (including interior lighting), instancing, first person view, occlusion and much more. For a full write-up, read their WHAT’S NEW GUIDE or watch their PREVIEW VIDEO.

Q: Do I have to upgrade?
A: No. You can continue to use your current KeyShot for ZBrush. If you are eligible for a free upgrade, it is strongly recommended that you take advantage of it so as to have access to the new features and improved image quality that KeyShot 6 offers.

Q: What about the ZBrush to KeyShot Bridge?
A: Your current license for the Bridge will function with all versions of KeyShot 5 and above. You do not need to upgrade the Bridge.

Q: How do I upgrade my Volume license?
A: If you purchased within the window for a free upgrade (May 1, 2015 or later), you will automatically be able to use KeyShot 6 HD for ZBrush with your current Volume serial number. For all other Volume License upgrade options, please contact Luxion directly. There is no option for Volume licenses to purchase an upgrade to KeyShot 6 through the Pixologic website.

Q: How do I purchase a Volume license of KeyShot 6 Pro for ZBrush?
A: This license option is not available at this time. Only KeyShot 6 HD for ZBrush is available under the Volume license system.

Q: The My Licenses page doesn’t show any serial numbers for me.
A: This page can only show the licenses associated with the specific email address that is used to log into the Support system. If your purchase was under a different email address, you will either need to create a Support account under that address or submit a Support ticket to request that your email address be updated.

Q: I no longer have access to the email address that I used to purchase. What can I do?
A: Please submit a Support ticket to have your email address updated. We will need you to provide us with the old email address, the new email address and EITHER the street address we’d have on record for you or a scan of your photo ID. This is to protect your account security.

Q: Where do I go for support?
A: Pixologic provides support for ZBrush and the ZBrush to KeyShot Bridge. For KeyShot support (including the KeyShot for ZBrush versions), please contact Luxion.

1 Like

www.andyjonescreative.com

11101012_10206470109540898_3124369313586571865_o.jpg

andy-jones-lily-tiger.jpg
Copy of 11203661_10206595967367265_1827914008133385974_o.jpg

Attachments

11101012_10206470109540898_3124369313586571865_o.jpg

andy-jones-lily-tiger.jpg

Copy of 11203661_10206595967367265_1827914008133385974_o.jpg

NEW_TREE_STUDIO.jpg
Copy-of-image-(2).jpg
Copy-of-squid.jpg

Attachments

NEW_TREE_STUDIO.jpg

Copy-of-image-(2).jpg

Copy-of-squid.jpg

www.kermaco.com

Screen-Shot-2015-11-11-at-12.13.jpg
Screen-Shot-2015-11-11-at-12.14.jpg
Screen-Shot-2015-11-11-at-12.16.jpg
T-3.jpg
T-4.jpg

Attachments

Screen-Shot-2015-11-11-at-12.13.jpg

Screen-Shot-2015-11-11-at-12.14.jpg

Screen-Shot-2015-11-11-at-12.16.jpg

T-3.jpg

T-4.jpg

Steve’s Artstation Gallery

Unknown.jpg
Unknown-1.jpeg
Unknown-2.jpg

KeyShot 6 Beta Image by Furio Tedeschi

Furio’s ZBC Gallery

SnakeMGS.jpg

Attachments

Unknown.jpg

Unknown-2.jpg

SnakeMGS.jpg

Is anyone else having trouble finding the upgrade links?
I went to the link they provided and my licences are listed but I see no upgrade buttons or links there?
Am I missing something or at the wrong place?
Also submitted a ticket.

There was an initial issue with the upgrades page. This has now been fixed. If you return to the page it should work correctly. If you continue to have trouble, please use the Support system. Thanks.

I don’t see paid upgrade version. Only some free option( i bought before may). I want to upgrade my keyshot to pro version

There was an initial issue with the upgrades page. This has now been fixed. If you return to the page it should work correctly. If you continue to have trouble, please use the [https://support.pixologic.com]Support system. Thanks.

Same issue, mine says free upgrade and that takes me to https://www.keyshot.com/features/integration/zbrush/

Looking to upgrade to Pro, how do we do that if it just shows “free upgrade” ?

There was an initial issue with the upgrades page. This has now been fixed. If you return to the page it should work correctly. If you continue to have trouble, please use the [https://support.pixologic.com]Support system. Thanks.

Yes, me too, same as above, only an “Upgrade for Free” option which leads to www.keyshot/zbrush …(plugin integration page) - Coming Soon, etc.
Looking forward to this.

awesome thank you for giving us the option to upgrade to pro for a reasonable price. i was missing a lot of functionality with the current version so this would relief a lot of those things
an yeah the links to upgrade to pro make me go in a loop between the two pages

edit: seems to work now!

There was an initial issue with the upgrades page. This has now been fixed. If you encounter any further trouble, please use the [https://support.pixologic.com]Support system. Thanks.

Thanks Aurick, that’s great news.

what kind of animations from ZBrush are possible in Keyshot Pro?

Sounds like a Great Deal. Im curious with the Material Graph Nodes. I do my Modeling in Zbrush and a Ton of Texturing in Substance Painter. i want to know if I can use my Metalness/Roughness Maps in KS6 Pro and get a accurate Representation of the PBR Materials I made in Substance Painter. If Yes then I’m Sold.

Does this version allow you to output all the various render passes for Photoshop post processing?

Glad the resolution is unlimited now.

Hi Zbrush my Zbrush crashes after installing the update to PRO when I click my BPR as i usually do. Keyshot works quite well when i open an older Keyshot file. The bridge seems to cause some trouble. Can you help?
Thanks for your reply!

Cheers Jan

If you’re on a Mac you need to keep KeyShot 5. This is a known issue right now and a fix is being worked on by Luxion. The workaround is to still have KeyShot 5 installed, which prevents 6 from crashing. If you need to download 5 again, please contact Luxion directly.

Does this version allow you to output all the various render passes for Photoshop post processing?

The PRO version includes the ability to do both render passes and layers - the HD version does not. :slight_smile:

Hi
Just bought Keyshot 6 Pro. Does anyone know where to get animation serial number to ass animation?
Thanks

KeyShot for ZBrush is a Luxion product.

All support regarding its features, installation, licensing, etc. needs to go through Luxion.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Regarding Zbrush Crashes with the new Keyshot 6 I received an solution from the support team. Do not delete Keyshot 5 otherwise it will crash. If you already have - reinstall Keyshot 5 and everything goes smoothly as you are used to. Thanks for the great support! Thanks for Zbrush and Keyshot!!! You guys rock!

Have you solved all the crash issue that were in the last version of keyshot 5 for Zbrush, because I have always problems with. The soft crash really often and I don’t know why because it is not on a recurrent action. So before to investing in 200 dollars in the version i want to be sure that is not the same things. To be honest i don’t used a lot keyshot for zbrush because of that recurrent issue even if it is really interesting for my workflow. Maybe that I s because I am on Mac.

As I stated a few posts ago, “KeyShot for ZBrush is a Luxion product. All support regarding its features, installation, licensing, etc. needs to go through Luxion.” Thanks. :slight_smile: