ZBrushCentral

Battlefield Apothecary

Happy Halloween everyone,

I present to you my creepy Halloween character, Battlefield Apothecary.
He just wanders old battlefield collecting maggots for his experiments.
Had lots of fun working on this character, I wanted make mine plague doctor to be more medieval / dark fantasy style.
October seems like a perfect time to work on something creepy, designing his equipment while watching old horror movies :slight_smile:

Next step would be getting this guy textured, since there is lots of grime, wood, rust and dirty clothes, would be lots of fun.
Just need to squeeze in some time for it

zbrush_grab_0003_Layer 13 +++.jpg

zbrush_grab_0006_Layer23 +++.jpg

zbrush_grab_0002_Layer 14 +++.jpg

zbrush_grab_0006_Layer 9 +++.jpg

zbrush_grab_0001_Layer 15 +++.jpg

zbrush_grab_0004_Layer 20.jpg

Attachments

zbrush_grab_0001_Layer 15 +++.jpg

zbrush_grab_0002_Layer 14 +++.jpg

zbrush_grab_0003_Layer 13 +++.jpg

zbrush_grab_0004_Layer 20.jpg

zbrush_grab_0006_Layer 9 +++.jpg

zbrush_grab_0006_Layer23 +++.jpg

2 Likes

Rendering model turntable now, here are few screenshots.

zbr_angles0161.jpgzbr_angles0136.jpg
zbr_angles0111.jpgzbr_angles0086.jpg
zbr_angles0011.jpg

Happy Halloween !

2 Likes

Dark, very dark love the crow mask .
so much story in one sculpt awesome work .:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

wow great piece!
I really like the layers of accessoires and details! :slight_smile:
looking forward to the textured version! :slight_smile:

Awesome work! I really like all the details you put into it. :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Amazing! Such a wonderful piece - nice work! :slight_smile:

Killer work!:+1:

Outstanding detail and love the entire concept, amazing work. Congrats on getting top row too, well deserved! :slight_smile:

Awesome work!

nice model, the design is cool

…age! Excellent! :sunglasses:

very nice sculpt, love the details that just keep coming the more you look at it.

if you ever want this 3d printed give me a shout at lewis@pdmodels.co.uk, i would probably print this for free just for the hell of it :slight_smile:

Your design is incredible! love all the small detail and stories behind it!! just WOW!

Astounding… The character perfectly captures the intended atmosphere and the story behind. Congrats for deserved Top Row. I have posted this work in my Facebook page and I were asked if the sculpt was going to be casted. The person suggested it would make a perfect figurine for miniature painters. Do you have any plans about that?

Very nice work! :slight_smile:

Ohohoh! Amazing!

nice work !!

Hey great sculpt and an outstanding peace of work.

And congratulations for top row. :wink:

@pygmalion:
the bird mask is obviously a plague mask that the plague doctors used (or had) to wear at the time of the great pestilence (“black death”) in europe.

great work mate!

@Phönix: Obviously. Because if any individual in the world isn’t familiar with this item of European history, heaven forbid!

Yeah, it’s a plague doctor’s mask, but not everyone’s with the same familiarity of details regarding Europe’s history of bubonic plague.