ZBrushCentral

Cintiq ExpressKey Remote Layouts?

Hey folks. So I’m a relatively new owner of a Cintiq 27. Previously, my only contact with a Cintiq was with the older 21 and 22 inch models at work, and I was never one to use the Express Keys.

Now that I have my own 27, I would like to take advantage of the remote. However, there are so many ways to skin a cat with this damn thing, I’m not sure how to go about setting up my key layout. I sort of hit the ground running with my current set-up as I have gone right into a freelance project and thus haven’t had the time to monkey around with different layouts.

Any thoughts, examples, etc. you all would like to share?

Thanks!!

Hi!
I’m in this exact same situation. I don’t suppose you found a good ExpressKey setup? I also have a 27" Cintiq and can’t seem to decide what buttons to map where!

Thanks,
Hugh

Resurrecting this one to see if any insights out there. Have been reading, searching and testing ExpressKey remote setups since around November. Havent settled in on anything that gets it all right yet. Love the remote - just dont have THE config yet.

From base config, I’ve added things like CTRL-SHIFT and ability to toggle gizmo as well as ability to move between Draw, Move, Scale and Rotate. Everything else is pretty much standard.

Would like to figure out good use for toggle. Like maybe use for brush size or focal shift/z intensity. Just havent figured out how to do that yet.

Also - I’m using my EK Remote with MoblileStudio Pro vs Cintiq. Would really like to maximize use of the remote so can be as free from keyboard as possible.

Hi, Here is my settings as of today. I am still changing my keys as I find other keys that I use more often. Best way is to find out which keys you use more often and map those to your keys. using either keystrokes or modifiers…I Think Mr. Paul Gaboury configured zbrush expresskeys that comes with cintiq 27, but I got mine from amazon as a standalone product and didn’t have zbrush keys assigned.
wacom-Zbrush-Expresskys2018-02-16 at 11.08.32 AM.jpg

Also watch https://vimeo.com/121301703 for his setup.
Hope this helps, Behrooz

Attachments

wacom-Zbrush-Expresskys2018-02-16 at 11.08.32 AM.jpg

I’ve dug out mine since I’ve been using my mobile sduio pro more these days. Still working on a configuration but the main issue I’m having is getting the keys to behave with zbrush. Seems like it just wants to stick with default and not switch to app specific commands. Anyone else have this problem or figure out how to resolve it? Will post up my configuration when I get a chance.