Default Janvier sculptris & co stuff (Will contain polygonal nudity, most likely)

Hi, in this thread I will put images of models I created in sulptris only, or with sculptris in addition to other free software (softwares I use the most in that category being Autodesk Meshmixer and a bit of blender, which I start to learn only recently)

I will post Zbrush stuff or Sculptris-Zbrush stuff on the Zbrush part of the forum.

Critique, suggestions or questions are welcome (although this sub-forum is almost dead it seems...)

This first one is an attempt at quiet, WIP, I didn't used many ref and many angles, and ended up losing the touch at getting a likeness, but still, it was fun, will post any eventual update on that model if I go on (and finally push myself to use more serious references).

Here is a little demo of Sculptris to meshmixer to sculptris, very good for building shapes and volumes with multi part model and fuse these parts a la dynamesh (not as good but close enough)

and two quick modification of the resulting solid mesh (well, 2 parts solid) after fixing some holes and cuts.

Another demo video, I build a mannequin that I will use later to test various shapes and volumes, I can easily unify the model in zbrush or meshmixer and make it some base sculpt mesh at any point.

Also did an update on Quiet, looked at some ref, but not too long to not get lost in details, reworked mainly the jaw and few proportions, and a bit the nose, will continue updating if I make prgoress, kinda got back on track of a likeness for a moment but hard to be certain when still in symetrical mode.

a quick test, some very basic hair to cover a bit, slight adjustment on the eyes too.

Another update on my attempt to model Quiet restarted from scratch, made a quick test in blender for the render (modeled in sculptris though)

An update on my quiet WIP, worked a bit on the neck I made it a bit longuer and thinner, small adjustments on the ears, nose and cheeks. breast are just placeholder (and they do hold a lot of place!)

done in sculptris, rendered in blender 2.75 with some HDRI for the light

Small update, worked a little on the philtrum, the cheeks (again) the whole curvature and volume of the cranium (although it don't show in this picture) softened some areas, still in symetrical mode if I except just the test hairstyle in this picture, will try better hair in blender later but I can't make hairstyle to save my life currently, will have to follow some tutorial.

Another update, corrected a big flaw in the eye socket (they were way too deep, compared to a good ref), played a bit with the cheekbone still not satisfied but will keep testing and comparing to the refs, closed the mouth because the theet are just placeholder so far, and the mouth expression wasn't right anyway, well few adjustment here and there, will keep trying to improve it, even though i'm not really working a lot on this model.

A 30-40 minutes head practice, I stopped the other model for now, needed a break to get fresh eyes and fix the obvious once i get back to it later.

A variation on this model, had fun with the pinch brush, (and not flatten brush as it might seems)

New WIP

Had another go at my quiet/Stefanie Joosten model and tested a bit with separated object for brows and proxy hair, still symmetrical at this point

Worked another touch on the model, and tried some expression to break the symmetry rnedered in blender cycle

Another W.I.P some anatomy practice using sculptris spheres, added a bust later on, mostly worked on the upper body so far legs are next, then finalising the arms and maybe the hands if the polygons aren't too crazy.

Update images, additions in bright, the rest was also adjusted, feet are more a placeholder than anything else so far (so are the hands) still a lot of work, need to focus on volumes origin and insertion and overall proportions next, then maybe details on hands and feet.

Some fun with an old model I posted in the model sharing thread about a year ago, I made a remix, mostly of the face, and smoothed some part of the body with a bit of proportion changes, the arms are still too small I think... Basic clothing made in blender, and it ended up being too low res to confrom well, but it was good practice anyway.

Continuing the anatomy study, the head WIP.

Assembled the whole thing, skeleton is mostly placeholder (the ribcage in particular) hands and feet still very basic, not worked on them so far

Decided to do the teeth from scratch, first time I actually follow references and use measurement on the teeth, this is the result after a first pass (getting the measurement right and overall form of each type of tooth)

This is the WIP model so far, it's multi part to allow greater control, I then Use meshmixer to fuse them (or dynamesh, but in this thread I limit myself to only free sotfware)

And there are some images of a test I made just after finishing first pass, fused them and placed them in the skull

Worked on the spine, this is a quickly assembled one (I have still some work to do on each vertebrae, very rough stage) rendered in blender

A bit of fun in blender, testing materials, all done in sculptris (including the glasses) though.
    Skel need some work, obviously a proper ribcage and hands, also spine don't quite make it to the sacrum as it should, was a bit careless