ZBrushCentral

Manuelf's Designs

Hi everyone!

I’d like to use this thread as a showcase of my personal work and designs.
I hope you enjoy them, and please, any feedback is most welcomed!

Cheers!

Manuelf_FrankyFaun_beauty_lg.jpgManuelf_BladedDragon_Beauty_ZCentral.jpgmanuelfcom_Image01.jpgManuelf_SnailBird_Beauty_Zcentral.jpgManuelf_Tinymonster_beauty_lg.jpgManuelf_BabyKaiju_views_lg.jpg

Attachments

Manuelf_FrankyFaun_beauty_lg.jpg

Manuelf_BladedDragon_Beauty_ZCentral.jpg

manuelfcom_Image01.jpg

Manuelf_SnailBird_Beauty_Zcentral.jpg

Manuelf_Tinymonster_beauty_lg.jpg

Manuelf_BabyKaiju_views_lg.jpg

So I was wondering how would mix of a Centaur and a dragon look like, and this is what I came up with.

His human arms are fused with the membrane of the wings, so he relies in his forelimbs to grab and handle things.

Manuelf_DragonCentaur_BeautyWide_lg.jpg
Manuelf_DragonCentaur_Vintage.jpg
Manuelf_DragonCentaur_Views_lg.jpg

The whole character was about 30 million polys, so I used several different subtools to avoid Zbrush lagging, and work faster.
each subtool overlaps with the adjacent subtools, and I used Project, and Zproject brush to ensure a seamless continuity of the surfaces.

Explosion_800px.jpg

Attachments

Manuelf_DragonCentaur_Vintage.jpg

Manuelf_DragonCentaur_BeautyWide_lg.jpg

Manuelf_DragonCentaur_Views_lg.jpg

Explosion_800px.jpg

Nice, clean looking work! Not too keen on the design of the human arms in the wings on the dragon/centaur character, though, particularly, the hands. Doesn’t seem at all practical. The rest of the character looks good, though.

Thank you Webhead. :slight_smile:

Hello everyone!

I’m back with another personal project.

This time I wanted to create a highly realistic Iguana model. I learnt a lot and I even developed a personal technique to achieve an accurate flow of the scales.

I created a PDF document explaining in detail the workflow. You can download it here for free (donations are very welcomed): https://gum.co/EeDEB

I hope you find this information useful, and as always, any comments are very welcomed!
And finally, here is the result:Manuelf_Iguana_MainBeauty_ZC_4000w.jpgManuelf_Iguana_Torso_lg.jpgManuelf_Iguana_HeadZoom_lg.jpgManuelf_Iguana_EyeZoom_lg.jpgManuelf_Iguana_Topdown_lg.jpgManuelf_Iguana_Hindlimb_lg.jpgManuelf_Iguana_BackTail_lg.jpgManuelf_Iguana_Views_lg.jpg

Attachments

Manuelf_Iguana_MainBeauty_ZC_4000w.jpg

Manuelf_Iguana_Torso_lg.jpg

Manuelf_Iguana_HeadZoom_lg.jpg

Manuelf_Iguana_EyeZoom_lg.jpg

Manuelf_Iguana_Topdown_lg.jpg

Manuelf_Iguana_Hindlimb_lg.jpg

Manuelf_Iguana_BackTail_lg.jpg

Manuelf_Iguana_Views_lg.jpg

Some technical images:
Manuelf_Iguana_CreationMethods_lg.jpg
Retopoly patches used to create the scales, again I explain this in detail in the PDF document:
Manuelf_Iguana_MicromeshPatches_lg.jpg
One of my favorite things about this technique is that since every scale is an separate mesh, I can use polygroups and play around, move or sculpt every scale individually:
Manuelf_Iguana_Polygroup_Scales_lg.jpg

Attachments

Manuelf_Iguana_CreationMethods_lg.jpg

Manuelf_Iguana_MicromeshPatches_lg.jpg

Manuelf_Iguana_Polygroup_Scales_lg.jpg

excellent work and thank you for the break down.
Is there a reason why you choose micromesh over nanomesh?

Would love to see it textured.

Thank you Frix!

Actually, the same results can be achieved with Nanomesh, I guess the thing that made me choose Micromesh was the fact that I could get what I wanted with fewer clicks, and since the process had to be repeated many times with every patch, it was just easier.

Wow!

hello!

This time, I wanted to put together a pack with all the assets needed to create a game character bust.
I basically wanted to have a nice set of base meshes that allowed me to explore and practice character sculpting, without having to worry about all the technicalities.
I wanted to just start sculpting and if I really like a character, move foward to texturing without having to do UV’s and stuff all over again everytime.

I’m very pleased with the result.
I’m going to be posting some nice caracteres based in this basemesh soon.

The pack is available for sale here in case you are interested:
https://gum.co/rMRij

00_MFun3D_CBBP_Basemesh_Versions.jpg01_MFun3D_CBBP_BeautySculpt.jpg02_MFun3D_CBBP_AAA-FrontSide_Wire.jpg03_MFun3D_CBBP_Mid-FrontSide_Wire.jpg04_MFun3D_CBBP_Low-FrontSide_Wire.jpg14_MFun3D_CBBP_Teeth_Sculpt.jpg15_MFun3D_CBBP_Teeth_WireFrames.jpg19_MFun3D_CBBP_Eyeball_dimensions.jpg09_MFun3D_CBBP_AAA_uvLayout.jpg

Attachments

00_MFun3D_CBBP_Basemesh_Versions.jpg

01_MFun3D_CBBP_BeautySculpt.jpg

02_MFun3D_CBBP_AAA-FrontSide_Wire.jpg

03_MFun3D_CBBP_Mid-FrontSide_Wire.jpg

04_MFun3D_CBBP_Low-FrontSide_Wire.jpg

14_MFun3D_CBBP_Teeth_Sculpt.jpg

15_MFun3D_CBBP_Teeth_WireFrames.jpg

19_MFun3D_CBBP_Eyeball_dimensions.jpg

I set myself to quickly sculpt 10 characters of different ethnicities to test the flexibility of my recently created basemesh, and to practice facial features and basic proportions. Each character took between 1 and 2 hours to make.

manuelfCP_10CharactersDrill_Panel1_nonoise.jpg
manuelfCP_10CharactersDrill_Panel2_nnoise.jpgmanuelfCP_CharacterBust_PersianMan.jpgmanuelfCP_CharacterBust_American_Indian.jpgmanuelfCP_CharacterBust_AsianWoman.jpgmanuelfCP_CharacterBust_AsianMan.jpgmanuelfCP_CharacterBust_YoungCaucasian.jpgmanuelfCP_CharacterBust_CaucasianGirl.jpgmanuelfCP_CharacterBust_IndianWoman.jpg

Attachments

manuelfCP_10CharactersDrill_Panel1_nonoise.jpg

manuelfCP_10CharactersDrill_Panel2_nnoise.jpg

manuelfCP_CharacterBust_PersianMan.jpg

manuelfCP_CharacterBust_American_Indian.jpg

manuelfCP_CharacterBust_AsianWoman.jpg

manuelfCP_CharacterBust_AsianMan.jpg

manuelfCP_CharacterBust_YoungCaucasian.jpg

manuelfCP_CharacterBust_CaucasianGirl.jpg

manuelfCP_CharacterBust_IndianWoman.jpg

manuelfCP_CharacterBust_blackwoman.jpgmanuelfCP_CharacterBust_BlackMan.jpgmanuelfCP_CharacterBust_CaucasianLady.jpg

Attachments

manuelfCP_CharacterBust_blackwoman.jpg

manuelfCP_CharacterBust_BlackMan.jpg

manuelfCP_CharacterBust_CaucasianLady.jpg

Scandinavian Troll
manuelf3d_Scandinavian_Troll_Fullbody_front_Q10.jpgmanuelf3d_Scandinavian_Troll_Fullbody_back_Q10.jpgmanuelf3d_Scandinavian_Troll_Facezoom.jpgmanuelf3d_Scandinavian_Troll_Views_Q10.jpgmanuelf3d_Scandinavian_Troll_beautyRender.jpgmanuelf3d_Scandinavian_Troll_DarkLook.jpg

Attachments

manuelf3d_Scandinavian_Troll_Fullbody_front_Q10.jpg

manuelf3d_Scandinavian_Troll_Fullbody_back_Q10.jpg

manuelf3d_Scandinavian_Troll_Facezoom.jpg

manuelf3d_Scandinavian_Troll_Views_Q10.jpg

manuelf3d_Scandinavian_Troll_beautyRender.jpg

manuelf3d_Scandinavian_Troll_DarkLook.jpg

Horse Skeleton sculpt.manuelf3d_Horse_Skeleton_3D_BeautyRender.jpgmanuelf3d_Horse_Skeleton_3d_Views.jpgmanuelf3d_Horse_Skeleton_3d_OrthographicViews.jpgmanuelf3d_Horse_Skeleton_3d_Lumbar_Sacrum_Pelvis.jpgmanuelf3d_Horse_Skeleton_3d_LeftHindlimb.jpgmanuelf3d_Horse_Skeleton_3d__LeftForelimb.jpgmanuelf3d_Horse_Skeleton_3d_Ribcage.jpgmanuelf3d_Horse_Skeleton_3d_Cervical_vertebrae.jpgmanuelf3d_Horse_Skeleton_3d_Skull.jpgmanuelf3d_Horse_Skeleton_3d_VertebraeDetails.jpg

Attachments

manuelf3d_Horse_Skeleton_3D_BeautyRender.jpg

manuelf3d_Horse_Skeleton_3d_Views.jpg

manuelf3d_Horse_Skeleton_3d_OrthographicViews.jpg

manuelf3d_Horse_Skeleton_3d_Skull.jpg

manuelf3d_Horse_Skeleton_3d_Cervical_vertebrae.jpg

manuelf3d_Horse_Skeleton_3d_Ribcage.jpg

manuelf3d_Horse_Skeleton_3d__LeftForelimb.jpg

manuelf3d_Horse_Skeleton_3d_LeftHindlimb.jpg

manuelf3d_Horse_Skeleton_3d_Lumbar_Sacrum_Pelvis.jpg

manuelf3d_Horse_Skeleton_3d_VertebraeDetails.jpg

I’ve been sculpting some marine creatures lately and I find when the mesh gets too thin that say if you use the clay buildup brush on one side causes artefacts in the mesh on the other. How did you do your wings on your winged centaur figure? Thanks

Hi 3DAlliance,
For that issue you can go to the Brush menu > Automasking > Backface masking.
Activate the “backface masking” button and that will allow you to work on one side without affecting the other.
Alternatively, you can assign different polygroups to each side of the wing and use “mask by polygroups”, also found in the Automask tab.

When it comes to creating thin membranes such and wings or fins I first create the “bones/muscles” of the arm without membrane, then I create the surface of the membrane with hand-drawn polygons, without thickness.
and then when I am happy with the shape and how it looks when it is subdivided, I extrude the thickness. This way the whole membrane looks much more refined and with a consistent thickness.
And since I am already happy with the shape I only need to make minor adjustments, otherwise it becomes a real pain having to fight with both sides.

After that I would dynamesh together the “bones” and the membrane, and polish the areas where the membrane inserts in the arm, so that the skin flows nicely.

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

I knew there was a solution. … Thanks for the tips.

Manuelf;

Thanks again for the tip … worked exactly as stated … this solved a vexing problem for me. Keep up the excellent work.

Hi Everyone,
I wanted to share this high poly human skeleton I did some time ago. I did it improve my understanding of human anatomy, and it certainly was very challenging and a great learning experience.
If anyone is interested, it is available for sale here:
https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/character/anatomy/3d-human-skeleton
Thank you for looking!manuelf3d_Human_Skeleton_3D_Views.jpgmanuelf3d_Human_Skeleton_3D_Skull.jpgmanuelf3d_Human_Skeleton_3D_MaxilarTeeth.jpgmanuelf3d_Human_Skeleton_3D_ScapulasZoom.jpgmanuelf3d_Human_Skeleton_3D_PelvisZoom.jpgmanuelf3d_Human_Skeleton_3D_ColumnVertebrae.jpgmanuelf3d_Human_Skeleton_3D_Feet.jpgmanuelf3d_Human_Skeleton_3D_LegViews.jpg

Attachments

manuelf3d_Human_Skeleton_3D_Views.jpg

manuelf3d_Human_Skeleton_3D_Skull.jpg

manuelf3d_Human_Skeleton_3D_MaxilarTeeth.jpg

manuelf3d_Human_Skeleton_3D_ScapulasZoom.jpg

manuelf3d_Human_Skeleton_3D_PelvisZoom.jpg

manuelf3d_Human_Skeleton_3D_ColumnVertebrae.jpg

manuelf3d_Human_Skeleton_3D_Feet.jpg

manuelf3d_Human_Skeleton_3D_LegViews.jpg

This is a collection of some of the highpoly sculptures that I have made.
Thanks for looking!

Attachments