New Member Follow User Gallery

Default "Too many triangles conected to an edge"

Hello guys,
    I have weird problem that never happened to me before. Im seeing Sculptris and ZBrush for 3 years now. Yesterday, midd day I finished my model. Later I opened it on another computer from my USB flash, turned "turntable" to look at model and after few minutes I hited Ctrl+s and exited program. This morning I tryed to open my sculpt and the message "Too many triangles connected to an edge" popped. Now I can't open it or extract it for another program, basically I'm stuck.

Did anyone had similar problem and how did you solve it? Is there a way to open it somehow? I really appreciate any help u can give me.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Hi,

Yes I had that problem happen to me yesterday with a Donald trump Charicature. I was cussing him out all day. I'm assuming in the other program that you were editing the topology in some way as I was. (I was adding Booleans to make it lay flat after 3d printing it.)

What I did to fix the problem.

1) Reverted to an older model.
    2) imported to z-brush
    3) retopologized it there.
    4) Then re-added the Booleans.

You can also do the same thing with another 3d software, such as blender(free), although it will take longer without z-brushes re-topology tools. (this would also fix the problem with the model, without going back to a previous version) but as I say it will take some time(hours to days)

If you didn't save out in iterations I would probably start doing so immediately so you don't lose anymore work. and take it as a lesson learned. I usually save a new version with a number after it after every major change.

Dragon_v1
    Dragon_v2
    etc.