New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Miniature Design and Model Making

Hello!

I have finally the chance to share a couple of models I did since I started using Zbrush in 2013.

A quick introduction on myself, my name is Edgar Skomorowski, I have been into physical model making since 2005, at first occasionally as a freelancer in the miniature industry while I was studying. In 2010 I started off as a Physical Miniature Designer at Games Workshop´s Forge World Design Studio in Nottingham UK and did my last year there using Zbrush. I learned Zbrush thanks to Paul Gaboury at the UArtsy course. Big thank you, it actually changed my life quite a lot .
    It was definitely a great time in the UK, but I have to admit I got pretty homesick after some time. Since last June I m working freelance, mostly in collaboration with the Third Man Studio in Paris for various clients.

I would like to start this thread with a couple of projects I did at Forge World. I did the entire pipeline from Design, 3D Modelling and the support structure for the 3D Printing inside Zbrush. (I admit that for the 3D printing supports, there are a lot smarter ways, but I didn t had access at the time to dedicated softwares)

Unfortunatly I haven t got the authorisation to show any 3D Renders in Zbrush. I know that s always very interesting to see, really sorry about that. I will update the thread with new stuff asap, this time hopefully with some Zbrush renders as well.

The models shown are all from the Horus Heresy range from Forge World. All models shown are resin castings of 3D Prints that you can buy from Forge World. The Solar Auxilia range started off as a personal project at home. I m really happy that it got approved so I could do a full range of them. I have to admit it was difficult to let go of them after leaving GW.

Now I have the freedom of finally being able to share stuff on the internet, so I put together also an online portfolio, if you are interested in physical model making as well, have a look here. www.krop.com/edskomo

Thanks a lot for your time and thanks to the Pixologic guys for this really amazing piece of software!
    Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, critics and thanks for your attention.
    Edgar

Perturabo - Primarch of the Iron Warriors (The CAD Model of the Knight Lancer Base was modelled by Daren Parrwood - great fun to bash it up in Zbrush... hahaha)

Eidolon - Emperors Children Lord Commander (CAD Model of the Deredo Pattern Dreadnought by Will Hayes)

Knight Scion (CAD Model of Throne by Daren Parrwood)

Solar Auxilia Command Section

Solar Auxilia Veletaris Storm Section

Solar Auxilia Strategos

Solar Auxilia Lasrifle Section

Solar Auxilia Flamer Section

Solar Auxilia Ogryns

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

These look great. What kid of minimum feature size are you using (What size is the smallest level of detail)?

thanks! depending on the detail the minimum size is about 0.1mm, the layer thickness in Z axis is about 0.05mm. It s a bit tricky to say which details will come out nicely, it depends a lot on how the model can be aligned in the print bed. I try to get one mid-design print out to check what will work.

Nice work. Did you paint or have any of them painted that you can post?

Nice stuff. I got inspired and went through my old files and rendered a Chaos Marine I did in 2008: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...08#post1154608

glad to see it inspires!

Default Face

Something else then Toy Soldiers, tried to use the textuing xyz refs with mari. Still not quite there yet.

Default Miniature sculpts

Hey all!

Here a lot of models I did for different miniature boardgames that have been financed through Kickstarters.
    These are for CMON s boardgames The World of Smog: Rise of Moloch, Rising Sun and Adrian Smith s Hate as well as
    Monolith s Batman Gotham City Chronicles.

Please don t hesitate to give some feedback, I m still fairly unexperienced especially when it comes to rendering!

Hope you like it!
    Cheers,
    Edgar

These look great.