Default Jonathan Sabella | Characters & Creatures

Hey everyone,
    Thought I'd make a thread I can update more frequently here. I'll be posting some previous work as well as new stuff when I can. Thanks for following, commenting etc.

You can find my portfolio site and more about me at:
    www.3dCharacterArtist.com

This first one was created for Mortal Kombat X while I was working for Warner Bros. games. Rendered and sculpted in Zbrush.

Default Creating an Aged Portrait in Zbrush

This image is from a course I put together for Digital Tutors. Sculpted and rendered in Zbrush.

Creating an Aged Portrait in Zbrush discusses and explains human facial anatomy, wrinkle formation and aging. The class endeavors to show how life can be added to any creature or character by showing the story that lives in the lines of their faces.

For fun, I'm also posting a few images from my personal sketchbooks that correspond to similar topics.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sabella_DigitalTutors_Web.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	606.9 KB 
ID:	468124  

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Looks like a good start to your thread. Look forward to seeing more of your work!

Default Man of Steel - Superman

This is a likeness sculpt I did for the game Injustice: Gods Among Us, I really enjoyed getting the chance to work on this one.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Really nice work, and great likeness. Looking forward to see more of your work! =)

Very happy to see your work and thread here!

I did your tutorials on Digital Tutors and I found them insightful and challenging, well worth it

Default Sculpting Like the Masters in Zbrush

webhead, aseidart and Takai thank you for your kind words. Takai, I'm very glad that you enjoyed the courses. It has been rewarding to hear from students who have found value in them.

For those interested in the classes this image is from another course I did called Sculpting Like the Masters in Zbrush.

Sculpting Like the Masters in Zbrush focuses on teaching students artistic anatomy from head-to-toe while encouraging interest in art history by exposing students to the work of 19th century french academic sculptor Jean-Joseph Perraud.

If you enjoy anatomy and would like to follow my work, receive occasional tips on sculpting/anatomy as well as get info on potential future courses I plan to offer you can find me on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/JonathanSabellaArt

Absolutely outstanding work. Get a good inspiration and idea to make a new thread.

Default Jordu Schell study

This is a quick study I did over a lunch break based on the work of Jordu Schell.

Default Chimpanzee Study

This was a personal project of mine outside of my day to day at ILM. Based on multiple references I created a face with the aim of giving it a feeling of life and expressiveness. In terms of type I ended up leaning a little towards Bonobo. I also wanted to stay to true to elements that typical chimps have such as a dark sclera.

A little more info and other updates on my website: www.3dCharacterArtist.com

Very nice piece!

Really beautiful!

not much else to say other than, fantastic work.

-r
    rasmus warming
    rasmusw.dk

Member Follow User Gallery

Thumbs up

Great work as usual, Jon!

Thank you guys for your kind words, I really appreciate it.