ZBrushCentral

Elephant Astronaut

My name is Aidin Salsabili. I live in Iran and work as a 3D and concept artist. My main activity is creating characters for using them in different areas such as sculpting, illustration, game and animation. Also, I always try to present my ideas as conceptual art. I’ve found the Sketchfab as a fabulous site which let me to present my 3D models in different positions very easily. So, there is no need for heavy and hard to use software. Sketchfab is the most appropriate choice.
Elephant astronaut is a model for my conceptual art show named “mission”. It is about endangered species. The show displayed at the Iranian artist forum last month.
Mission:

A1360318 is the last survivor of his species and has a mission to take his genome to another planet and save his species but… In the Old Testament we read “we ordered Noah to build his Ark to survive the flood and so that good people and all other creatures of earth can take refuge in it”. > > Although it seems that Noah’ mission was a success, over time good people turned into evil and earth was no longer a safe haven for creatures. > > In that biblical story God got angry with man’s wrongdoings and every earthly creature got punished. Human’s intelligence and their undeniable influence on almost everything on earth makes them eternally responsible for all animals on this planet. Not only humans have neglected this responsibility, but they have actively ruined their environment. > > Humans, like lethal virus inside the body of their host (earth), are bringing it down and wish to leave for another planet as soon as earth is fully ruined. Humans’ way of living and actions has damaged natural environment of some species and lead them to their extinction. > This exhibition is trying to narrate (the mission of saving the endangered species) the story of Noah of the future of humanity. A story in which humans have accomplished a lot scientifically and technologically, but have failed in their actual mission. Our influence on our environment is undeniable.

07a.jpg
_MG_2065.jpg
_MG_1972.jpg
_MG_2017.jpg
05.jpg

Attachments

07a.jpg

_MG_2065.jpg

_MG_1972.jpg

_MG_2017.jpg

Firstly, I made a 3D elephant astronaut in Zbrush.

Elephant Astronaut by aidinsalsabili on Sketchfab

Then, I decided about its position.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-pYCIb0r8h4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen

After that I Measured and planned to start.

​I’m also a sculptor and I’m able to make subjects as the way I can make them in ZBrush. So, for this project I did everything by myself. After modeling in ZBrush and rendering some images in different views, I used the rendered images as references.

I made the head out of Expanded Polystyrene Styrofoam (EPS) and by carving. Then painted and added other details such eyes, hair, ivories… according to real elephant photos. The body also is made exactly the same way and the cloth is tailor-made.
To be honest, it wasn’t easy at all and if you eager to make any animal as your pet, pick the real one. :slight_smile:
Finally, it was time to run the show.

Attachments

WOW , i am overwhelmed by your efforts .
This must have been an enormous work !!!
REALLY IMPRESSIVE WORK .

Thanks, Kind of you to say that

_MG_1899.jpg
04.jpg
_MG_2192.jpg
_MG_1781.jpg

Attachments

_MG_1899.jpg

04.jpg

_MG_2192.jpg

_MG_1781.jpg

execellent work …congratulations

Congrats on this project. It’s nicely done, and it’s always nice to see Zbrush being used for more traditional applications.

Amazing project!

Congrats for the TOP ROW!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:
Awesome work!

Thank you

In sequence
f01.jpg
f02.jpg
f03.jpg
f04.jpg
f05.jpg

Attachments

f01.jpg

f02.jpg

f03.jpg

f04.jpg

f05.jpg

a Great Masterpiece!

Interesting project!

Really great, thanks so much for sharing this with.

truly inspiring! I’m glad I opened the forum’s page today!
Thanks for making this piece