Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Shanaynay - Thanks Shana, glad you like the lighthouse keeper and breakdowns too ! I have to admit, I've never even touched a piece of clay in my life, I learnt purely digitally from scratch with Zbrush. Would love to do some traditional stuff but just never have the time or space at home to do it perhaps in the future when I get a big studio

New Member Follow User Gallery

Your work is fantastic, and I really like looking at the rendered images of your 3D print sculpts. Would you be willing to say how you render them, and what material you use? I don't really know anything about rendering from Zbrush and I'd love to be able to do something similar for my sculpts prior to printing them.

Golden Yak - Thanks man, always appreciated. If you look further into this thread (one or two pages back I think) I shared a screenshot of my keyshot material and setup, hope that helps mate

New work - Bluebeard - based on the old folktale

Last edited by James W Cain; 11-27-17 at 04:00 AM. Reason: spelling correction

The macabre tale told within his beard is beautifully done Sir.
    ......Nobody tries to be lah-di-dah or uppity--There's a cup-o'-tea for all.

Heres my latest piece for print - Grendel - based on the monster from Anglo Saxon myth

I wish you all a great Christmas and holiday, see you next year

1/4 scale print of my Luke Cage sculpt for a private collector, learnt so much from this sculpt, its not perfect by any means but its really exciting to see it made

Default amazing sculpt

Great job on this resin statue. I'm really impressed at the detail you squeezed into the 3d print. The wrinkles on his clothes and even the textures. Bravo man. You should talk about your process working with a printer and caster.

Thankyou! Yeh the detail came out really well I think. The casting/printing was done with a chinese company, in this instance I just needed to hand off the high res obj's and they will do the keying and engineering. Quite refreshing as I've spent a few years making minis where i have to do everything myself A lot of services even take ZTL's I guess this comes at a higher cost but i let my client worry about that . You need to watch that you're not unreasonable about what you want them to print, so no thin geo etc (i tend to do this TOO conservatively as I've been doing it for minis for a while). Only other thing that comes to mind is depth of details, this was my first print of this size so i was a little inexperienced and i got the depth a bit shallow on some of the higher frequency details. Managed to solve this by using layers and talking with the printers.

Wow....the Luke Cage statue's amazing!

Thanks man, really enjoyed your recent work too!

Ashtooth for Judgement, MOBA style wargame with 54mm scale minis (this guy will be a around 70-80mm on the tabletop)

Member Follow User Gallery

Default great work

great!!!

Eldorado - Personal piece based on an Illustration by Dulac (http://artsycraftsy.com/dulac/dulac_eldorado.jpg) and the Poem by Edgar Allen Poe

Thanks to Maarten Verhoeven for the Easter Egg

amazing sculpt.

Thankyou @MIMDIAmond!

This is a collaboration sculpt Ive been working on with Maarten Verhoeven playing around with a Gothic theme. We're hoping to get this printed in the near future.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 LastLast