New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Color Picker For PMS (Pantone) Colors

I need help with a ZScript. I know very little about ZScripting and I need to get one done. It would be beneficial for a lot of people if this script existed and I need some help getting it going.
    Description: Easy Pantone (PMS) color picker by PMS color code. This would be a color picker style menu that allows you to type in the PMS color code to search for colors. That color will now be selected and can be used to fill the subtool OR be used for polypaint.
    Practicality: 3D Printers and production style injection colors for figures and molds. PMS colors are preferred for 3D print injections and being able to pre-vis these colors on the model before production is great. BUT, not having to search the color code and import a swatch OR find the RGB value would save hours or back and forth.
    Hit me up if you are game!

Moderator Follow User Gallery

This isn't really practical using zscript. It doesn't provide suitable interface tools to cope with something as complex. You can create color swatches (the PaintStop plugin uses an example) but it would soon become unmanageable with as many colors as there are in the PMS.

It would be fairly straightforward to provide a simple look-up where you entered the PMS reference and you were then shown the color. It might even be possible to show 20 or so colors at a time with 'next' and 'previous' buttons to move through the colors (but scroll bars are not possible). All this would take a bit of work. Then you'd have to hard code all the PMS colors as RGB so ZBrush could display them - no small amount of work for about a thousand colors!