ZBrushCentral

CalipersMaster v.1 ZPlugin

Hi there,

Here it is the first release of the new Calipers Master Zplugin. An alternative way to measure inside Zbrush using Transpose Lines.

With this plugin you can set up a scene to work in Millimeters for 3D printing and check measurements accurately such as wall thickness but also you can use it to set a custom scale to work with proportions.
Just set a starting and ending points and Calipers Master will generate the resulting Caliper in the selected Units
Also Run In Distance Mode feature included to keep adding transpose lines along a path accumulating the Total distance traveled. Usefull for aproximate a curved measurements and posed characters.

List of Features Included:
-MM Scale: Set Scene to work in real world Millimeters
-Create Scale: Create a custom Scale such as Heads
-Restore Scale: Always can restore back to original modelling scale
-Set Start: Set starting point for the Caliper
-Set End: Set Ending point for the Caliper
-Calipers Master: One single hotkey to control Set Start and End
-Run In Distance Mode: Create Calipers sequentially from last ending Caliper and stores the accumulated distance
-Get Dist: To Display current Caliper measurement in scale Units
-Total Dist: Display the accumulated distance while Run In distance mode
-Store: Able to Store any hand drawn transpose Line
-Stored Calipers Slider: Store up to 32 Calipers
-Back and Forward buttons: To navigate the Stored Calipers Slider
-More features to come!

Now available on gumroad
Demo Videos here

Many thanks to Piggyson, dargelos and Fredo_Bernardo for their invaluable support!

Happy Calipering!

Hi everyone,

Very happy to announce the Calipers Master v1.2 is now available on Gumroad.
Includes new ways of custom scales creation and now it will display Metric and Imperial units.

All videos for this version here:

*Now with audio!

Thank you all for your support!

̷H̷a̷p̷p̷y̷ ̷C̷a̷l̷i̷p̷e̷r̷i̷n̷g̷!

Just bought it. I think that would help a lot if the videos have audio as it is difficult to read the text and follow the interaction and the menus at same time, even if this audio is generated with a text to speech system.

Takes some time to understand that it doesn’t use the the start and the end of the transpose to set the caliper. Instead you click start, set in menu the start, and then the end, set in the menu the end, and ignore the line that the transposer is creating at this point. I know that it is said (written) in the video, but so quick in text is difficult to see. Also it is a counter intuitive operation from what you would expect of the transposer, that has already a start and an end.

@Altea: Thanks for your feedback. I will try to add audio soon

Playlist videos with audio
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLH0EhNFNCspoZA2kk7dIEzefwt-S4rCSG

Hope you enjoy.

A lot better now. The videos are now a lot easier to understand. I wonder that text to speech program you used.

The videos are good. But do you have text tutorial for your plugin?

@Altea: Thanks!
@bestellen: Sorry no written instructions yet

Feel free to join the Calipers Master User´s group on facebook

Cheers

Some new features for Calipers Master V2

//youtu.be/lE_-nAwBJSc

I bought the version 1.2 a few months ago. How am I suppose to get this update or it is not out yet?

Thanks for asking Altea,

The version 2 will be available soon. (this week or next at max) It is taking a bit more time than expected as i rewrited most of it´s code.
Still adding some new features and refining the UI trying to make it more simple and stable to other plugins interruptions.

Cheers

Still adding some features.

//youtu.be/tfOQ9bOYf5I

Hello,

bought and downloaded the Caliper zplug

QUESTION mark sign appears

did get a licence key by email…do i need to use that somewhere…?

thanks for helping

Hi Vrai

I think we solved the issue by email the other day.

Just in case someone has same issue, it was caused because the CalipersMasterData folder wasn´t inside ZStartup/ZPlugsx64 folder

Installation.jpg

Thanks for your support!